ad: UR5CDX-1

PT0S

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K7RQ, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7RQ

K7RQ Subscriber QRZ Page

The team on St. Peter and St. Paul Rocks have so far been on 80 and 160 and are reporting S9 plus 20 noise that sounds like a switching power supply. I wonder if that's the same stuff we hear in the PNW in the morning on 80 and 40. They are going to try to put up a different receiving antenna to see if that helps.
    Hal, K7RQ

2. K1LFG

K1LFG Ham Member QRZ Page

They did a short run this morning on 12m but didn't get to work them. All the way out there and S9++ noise? Ouch!

3. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got them on 12; the pileup was taking up most of the phone portion of the band.

One would think that's rare DX.

4. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They were concentrating on (& only working) South American stations when I was listening to them on 12 meters this morning. The PTØS operator got upset when propagation was favoring half the world (many, many calling and QRM) & he was specifically listening for SA only..............Why work your own backyard when JA's were calling?

1. Split width was asinine.

2. Operators don't sound very "seasoned".

3. People are getting kinda frustrated with the operation, according to spots on the Cluster.

Easy observations from the cozy warmth of my radio shack.............It's their show. :)

Tom KCØW

5. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

It looked like they were just working fellow countrymen on 6 meters for most of the day.

Hope they get their noise issues figured out soon.

Brad

6. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Man, the wide splits bring back memories of "Romeo" operations...on 12 meters, they were 40-50 khz wide....ridiculous....
    Some better on 75, but still a bit much on 17....

7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They were on 17 CW for a long time last night. I could only here them long path and didn't get through but many on the east coast got through. Still pleanty of time so I'll get serious today or tomorrow.

8. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

Are these new amateurs on this dxpedition? working up 5-50khz? cq only the countries 100 miles away?

9. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Listening on 15 meters now - between the PT0S ops looking for stations close by and the people trying to step over others and the "cops" talking over the DX ("Hey Echo Alpha, are you in ASIA? He's calling ASIA!") and the "tuners" and "whistlers" I think I'll stay away from this one.

What a mess.

10. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

I think he should just say only countries whose native language is Spanish or a variant and stop beating around the bush.

The frequency has gone nuts now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.