PSK-31 40m FUN Night! Oct 3- 6pm to midnight!

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KK4NSF, Sep 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello ALL!
    A small group of us PSK-31 aficionados have decided to hold a PSK-31 FUN Night, on OCT 3 from 6pm to midnight Eastern Time in the USA.... earlier or later in other time zones. The idea is simple: we want to enjoy a great evening of QSOs, conversations and friendship using our favorite digital mode. If you've not tried PSK-31, then it will be a great time to jump in there, since there will be a lot of folks to talk to. If you are an old hand at PSK-31, then I guess it will be a good Home-Coming for you!

So here's the deal: THIS IS NOT A CONTEST or ANY OTHER OFFICIAL EVENT. It's just for FUN

FREQ- 7.070 or thereabouts.... maybe a bit higher, maybe a bit lower.... depending on traffic.
    MODE- PSK-31, BPKS-31, QBPSK-31 or any compatible modes (but I'm guessing most everyone will be on BPSK-31)
    Badges / Sign-In / Moderators-/ Event officials - none, none, none and none- " We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
    Limits on QSO Times- none. yack as long as you want... or be snappy and efficient. Whatever floats your boat!
    Official Start and Stop Time: Heck.... I don't care if you start early, or stay late. Stay all night if you want to.
    QSL Cards- send 'en if you want to.... don't have to if you don't want to. BUT the first 200 people I log will get a Genuine Paper QSL card from ME! It's going to be a special "event card", printed via Letterpress.... just like in the olden days... back when I still had some hair on my head.
    Logging- it's up to you, log or not log- we don't care. (I will be, but that's just me. )
    Contest Points- there aren't any! This is not a contest, so there won't be any points, awards, gold medals, certificates or anything like that.
    Extra Points for DX- YES! You get 3x points for having a QSO over 100o miles. Just keep in mind that 3x of Zero points is still Zero. But you do get bragging rights.
    Other Rules: other than being a good sport, following good ham practices and enjoying the event... there aren't any other event rules. Dang... we don't even care if you sit around in your fuzzy slippers!

Even though this is not any sort of official event, there WILL be an Unofficial Bragging Thread here on QRZ where you can relate your successes / failures / stories after the event... or maybe during the event. We'll see how it goes.

So.... there it is! Mark it on your calendar. Oct 3 6 to midnight- 7.070mhz - BPSK-31... FUN!

(note: I'm also posting this in the EVENTS section above, so don't get confused and think you are seeing double, or anything. )

Dave
    KK4NSF

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    KF5KWO, KD8NGE and KT5WB like this.
  2. KD8NGE

KD8NGE Ham Member QRZ Page

I've set the phone reminder ... I'll be at the late end of the party but soon as I get in from work I'll get on the air and join in!

KK4NSF likes this.
  3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope to join in.

KK4NSF likes this.
  4. KK4NSF

Remember, it is THIS THURSDAY!!!! PSK-31 FUN NIGHT! I've gotten a lot of e-mails from hams all over the country, so it looks like we'll have a GREAT crowd! Don't miss it!

5. KK4NSF

Don't forget! it's TONIGHT!
    Conditions are going to be crappy.... but that's ok. It's like playing Golf in the Rain!

6. W9AFB

W9AFB Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Time to fire up the PSK software.

KF5KWO likes this.
  7. KK4NSF

now THAT's THE SPIRIT!!!

8. KK4NSF

it just started a few mins ago! Time to fire those radios UP! I made 4 QSOs in the last few minutes. OK.... it's not a record or anything, but it IS nice to see folks on the waterfall. Conditions are crapola, but they will get better after sunset.

9. KD8NGE

KD8NGE Ham Member QRZ Page

This business of being a responsible adult cuts terribly into my social time!
    3-11 shift means I clocked out at 11, hit the saddle, headed home, didn't get on radio until 11:45 PM.
    Saw nothing, heard nothing, no reply to our hails, Captain ...
    I would normally pull up a peach crate and give a lengthy oration on how outrageously wrong this is, but I need that paycheck to buy radio stuff!

10. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got on the air shortly after the scheduled start. I made 4 quick hits including Indonesia and then we sat around listening to all of us calling CQ. Indonesia had some additional hits but those contacts were very poor copy to me. Conditions were not optimal and I believe it was an example of poor conditions and lack of operators. It was cool to work Indonesia with 15W though!
    Got back on 40 early this evening and it was crickets. CW had some activity but were all weak signals and got no responses from them.

Thanks for attempting to organize this!