ad: ProAudio-1

Proven: The MFJ-1708SDR Degrades your Transceiver's Performance

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by VK3BL, Jul 15, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thank you Don for that test info, and the review. :)

Here's my tongue in cheek remedy for those concerned about losing a few db against losing an SDR.

Lowfer_stuff.jpg

2. N5ATM

N5ATM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Jarrad,

Thank you for this thread and subsequent post. DO NOT apologize for the title of your post. You were simply stating your findings and there is nothing wrong with it in the title. If QRZ are moderating things like that they need to reconsider their positions, policies or attitudes. These forums discuss everything, including criticisms of vendors, products and people! I for one do not, and will not, have or use one single piece of MFJ equipment in my shack.

IMO MFJ is crap, bottom of the barrel brand equipment. Some of their stuff works fine and you may never have an issue with it but MANY of us have. They have an inordinate amount of "quality" issues. When you receive BRAND NEW equipment which either doesn't work properly, or requires you to FIX it so that it will, you will understand. It only took a couple of times of this happening to me to realize that the age old adage "you get what you pay for" is very apparent here. My policy is to avoid the cheap equipment and attempt to go with known quality vendors and designs and it served me well since adopting it.

Everyone has their opinion, this one is mine. Your welcome to yours and I hope the moderators are watching.

P.S. I stumbled across this thread while searching for an alternative this is exact device. So again, thank you for the post.

3. HB9PJT

HB9PJT Ham Member QRZ Page

My MFJ-1708B and my other MFJ items work perfectly. The MFJ-1708B attenuates the signal 3-4 dB. This is logical because it splits the signal between two receivers. This is physics. This also happens with the very expensive TRX which have 2 RX. In QST there was a test report which also measured these 3-4 dB and showed that the function is perfect. There is no point in bashing MFJ over and over again.

73, Peter - HB9PJT