ad: Amateur-1

Proud Dad moment! This is a non-controversial thread and ham related!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WE4B, May 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations for a job well-done!

WE4B likes this.
  2. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations!!

WE4B likes this.
  3. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Next up: The Big E.

And the code.

Best investment I ever made in Amateur Radio was learning Morse Code to a level where it became effortless.

WE4B and W7UUU like this.
  4. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The best post on QRZ this month. Girls rule.

N3AB, W9BFZ and WE4B like this.
  5. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

:cool: Congratulations indeed! :cool:

WE4B likes this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

That's great Jeff you can never spend too much time with your kids when they are growing up.

WE4B and K1OIK like this.
  7. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

some pics to encourage you!

K3KIC, WE4B, KP4SX and 1 other person like this.
  8. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

Kudos to you both, for a job well done. Excellent work and go get your extra privileges, while you are at it. :)

WE4B likes this.
  9. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks everyone! She's taking a few months off from studying and just enjoying her new privileges and to be a kid. I don't push her to do anything she doesn't want to do. My hope is that she desires to get her Extra and, I'm willing to bet, that she will but now she an call CQ on HF without having to have me as a control op.

We aren't one of the 'famous' ham radio families, it's just me and W4AQT that are hams. My XYL thinks we are geeks but totally supports us. I think the key to raising/rearing a ham child is not too push them but to let them have fun and to be a kid. There's plenty of time to play radio and to play on the swings and playground equipment at the public park. We don't have any corporate sponsors, we just have each other and some QRP rigs we take to parks along with our satellite equipment. We have lots of fun as a family. Family first, radio second.

There is a very high probability that W4AQT will be speaking at Dayton next year. My desire is that she talks about the fun she has had with amateur radio and how it has helped her become a better person and how to interact with peers that might not be in her age group. Amateur radio has allowed W4AQT to hone social skills that will her as she matures and becomes a young adult and then an adult.

She has gained many aunts, uncles and grandparents through the local clubs to which we belong i.e. Montgomery Amateur Radio Club and Elmore County Amateur Radio Society.

She has gotten to meet the Governor of the State of Alabama. She has gotten to talk to people in other countries. She has helped a YL in Costa Rica make her first satellite contact.

Ham radio rocks. Once again, thank you to all of you that have posted messages supporting W4AQT. It is appreciated. She is a QRZ member but rarely posts but does read a lot of the threads including this one. Thank you.

N1VAU, KA3CTQ, N2EY and 5 others like this.
  10. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FANTASTIC!! Good for her, and you :) I hope you both make great memories in what is still the best hobby ever :)

WE4B likes this.