propagation

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA1BSZ, Jun 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It looks like to me that the sun has been showing some spots and lately seems that 20,30 and 40 meters has been good late in the afternoon and during the evening hours way into the night. I use my hf mobile and have worked many into Asia and Europe.

2. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Was thrilled to work K7SCX using digital, from here in Korea (NOT using "the plague").

It was MFSK16.

Derek
    HL1ZIX

K1FBI and WZ7U like this.
  3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Perfect name for FT8: "The Plague"! The FT stands for "For Toddlers".

th.jpg

W4IOA likes this.
  4. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Me and digital

W4NNF likes this.
  5. KW4GT

KW4GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep.... a bit over a week ago I worked a Russian station on SSB with my puny 100 watts and wire dipole on 20, so there's certainly DX to be had. One of the biggest factors is just getting on the air to see what's out there.

WZ7U likes this.
  6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And don't forget to check 10-meters. It's been open several times over the past week or two.

And 40 is a good bet during times like these. The DX was rolling in a couple of nights ago at about 2200 local.

7. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks..I'll do that..a few years ago Iknow of one ham in Australia was using the cb channel 6 27.025 as a 10 meter propagation indicator.

8. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

As if 80M phone is oh-so-difficult.

Charlie the Troll has mode-envy. Have you actually worked much FT8 yet? Or ANY digi-mode for that matter? Or you just an armchair expert in one or two modes?

Complain, but it's you that's missing out on all the fun. Come down from your high-horse and go where the action is old man.

FT must actually stand for "Feeding Trolls".

KD8ZMN, K9ASE, KD2NOM and 1 other person like this.
  9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I worked FT8 a few times. Worse than text messaging because of the canned messages. I worked most all the digital modes. Mode envy? I suggest you don't know anything about me. LOL on the old man, you got me there! Enjoy your digital but don't delude yourself into thinking you're cutting any edges.

A couple things I'd like to see:
    1. Free DV as a standard with 1.5-2 khz bandwidth allowed in the digital band segments.
    2. They need an FT8.5 where you have one message field you can fill in on the fly even a fixed number of characters for emergency use from the field.
    Maybe FT stands for "Frank's Tchatchke"?

W4IOA likes this.
  10. KD9HLC

KD9HLC Ham Member QRZ Page

So if that happened, would you stop ripping on the mode?

And what other things could be done to move the critics on to something else?