Propagation in to EU from West Coast U.S.

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K7URX, Jan 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K7URX

K7URX Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing less than stellar propagation into EU from the west coast of U.S.?
    I'm in Wa state. Asia, Australia, NZ South America and South Africa are no problem most of the time.

W7EDC likes this.
  2. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

its poor everywhere, its not just you. The normal afternoon JA traffic has been down an S unit or so the last week...I can usually pick out many Asiatic Russia stations in the evenings, but not lately. Er, Uh...its just you, your rig must be broken...just send it to me, its of no use to you;)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    WG7X likes this.
  3. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You need a bigger shack. :)

4. K7URX

K7URX Ham Member QRZ Page

Naw, I can heat this one up in 5 minutes in the winter. I did hear Italy last night on 80 and Australia on 80 this morning so not too bad.

WG7X likes this.
  5. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Was hearing EU on 40 SSB this morning on a fairly low OCFD from Central Oregon. Didn't try to work them barefoot but some WA, OR and CA stations were working them easily

6. WR1O

WR1O Ham Member QRZ Page

You need to break through the NA East coast wall, just like we need to break through the west coast wall to Asia and the South pacific. Turn the beam and fire up the amp.

7. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

The East Coast equivalent has been pretty good. Worked JD1BMH and T6AA. Decoded a bunch of JAs on 160M this morning.

Zak W1VT

8. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

No tower or big amp so I'm happy whenever I can work a new challenge point. Now up to 2333 with ZC4UW on 30 CW.

KB2FCV likes this.
  9. OE4KSF

OE4KSF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The same thing here in Europe - A zillion QSO's to the east coast, but wherry few into the west side

10. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool shack! And it's a shack literally! Perfectly simple, but effective. I like it.

Are the tools in the upper left of the pic for persuasion? :)