Promoting Echolink

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K6DRR, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N7RJD

N7RJD Ham Member QRZ Page

You also seem to have forgotten that part of what makes this country great is the freedom of speach and self expression to which each of us is entitled.

I don't agree 100% with either side of the pro/con EchoLink argument but see valid points to each side. Were it not for the people posting to this board I would not have the exposure to these views to evaluate and decide where others stand in relation to my own point of view.

For you to assume that because other peoples' views do not match yours means you should ask the moderators of the board to lock the thread shows a lack of understanding on your part that not everybody will always agree with your views but everybody here does support your right to hold and voice your opinion.

I understand that you are young and believe me when I was your age my way was the only way. As years go on and you gain more experience in life you will see that allowing others their opinion and the right to voice that opinion is not only guaranteed under our constitution but also very educational.

If you go back through this thread and read it in it's entirety you will find that while it does heat up at times there is usually a cooling off afterward where each agrees to accept the other person's right to their own opinion. Yes there will always be one or two in every group that will hold firm on their belief and not make allowance for others to differ but this is the exception and these have been few and far between on this thread.

Just as I am before you defending others' right to post their views without the threat of being censured by locking the thread I will also tell you that while I don't agree with your asking for it to be locked I do respect your right to do so. While I do not agree with your posting I will be the first to tell you that were you not to post again this would be a loss as it would mean that you allowed yourself to be run off and pushed away from exercising your right to voice your opinion.

Having rights is not always easy, sometimes you have to stand up and fight for your rights and what you believe in. Never accept others voicing their opinions as a sign that your opinion is not welcome. Stand firm but recognize others' right to do the same. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

<End of Civics Lesson, Class dismissed [​IMG] >

2. WD5KCA

WD5KCA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well spoken, KE7DLG !

3. WZ4I

WZ4I QRZ Member

My offer still stands for me to give you a FREE HAM RADIO, if you learn the code, take, and pass the General exam. I'll extend this offer to you until Aug. 7th, 2005. If you have not completed this task by then, I'll offer it to someone else.

***You must pass both elements, and be listed as a General Class Operator, BEFORE I'll ship the radio to the address listed on QRZ.***

4. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

eyo

OOh, OOh,
    If this thread were locked now, then you wouldn't know you have a FREE RADIO if you pass a exam that's just as easy as the one you just took. With a lot of the SAME QUESTIONS !! And you wouldn't have known that you have until AUG 7.

HOW ABOUT THAT !!

I studied for 2 weeks read through the book and I passed.

5. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

And I forgot,,,,

You promised yourself to never to post on QRZ again??

That's how I felt with my first post-a-topic when I did that, and I felt like a,,,(well, What'sLeftBehind) that flies swarm around on....<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>(gasp)</span>

That's how things go on threads. Try to post something on other sites if you think THIS is bad.........

6. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

By popular demand, this discussion is closed.

-fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.