Promoting Echolink

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K6DRR, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KF4VGX

KF4VGX Ham Member QRZ Page

That was an old Joke ! Did you try dloading it?

2. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't tell me. It really is a joke? All those features, and they are currently not available yet? What a shame. I was going to buy it and give it out to the radio-handicapped as gifts for christmas.

3. KF4VGX

* I was going to buy it and give it out to the radio-handicapped as gifts for christmas.*
    Very cold hearted !

I didn't tell you .
    You read it on a message board.

4. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't say you did tell me. If you look at what I typed, I said don't tell me. Which is actually a request not to tell me.

5. KF4VGX

I didn't tell you .
    You read it on a message board. [​IMG]

6. WF7I

WF7I Ham Member QRZ Page

And I'm reading this thread while drinking my morning coffee and scarfing down some biscuits with honey...MY bad. [​IMG]

7. WZ4I

WZ4I QRZ Member

I've heard they may hold American Idle tryouts on one of EchoClink nodes in S.C. later this year.

Don't know, just what I've heard [​IMG]

8. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have finally figured out what Echolink is!  Since it's primarily radio-less, it's Amateur wirelessless.  I propose for simplicity's sake, we refer to it in the future as WLL, as opposed to radio.

In fact, they can form their own organization, the AWLLRL--Amateur Wirelessless Repeater League. That's more letters than in most acronyms but, heck, the users are used to dialing cumbersome numeric combinations. I suppose it's easier than learning to tune a VFO, listen to an unstable signal, or learn CW. So let them have their fun without the trouble radio is heir to, easy and wirelessless.

9. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaking of tools......

Why is this crap still allowed to go on? I'd have thought someone with some sense would have locked it by now.

Oh, I forgot, Vendettas-R-Us hasn't beaten it into enough heads yet that they hate EchoLink.

You guys are no different than KWW and his anti-code vendetta. And certainly no better.

How sad.....

10. K6DRR

K6DRR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have pmed the mods, I hope they will lock it. Oh, and I forgot never to post on QRZ again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.