ad: vanity

Promoting Echolink

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K6DRR, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K6DRR

K6DRR Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, so I am setting up echolink to work on the repeater. The main reason I am doing this is because the repeater has no use at all, and no body uses it. Now nobody even knows Echolink is on it! How can I promote it in the internet? And are there other ways to do this?

2. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

I would put full page ads in the NY Times, LA Times, and Wall Street Journal. I would then produce my own 30 minute infomercial and try to get it on as many tv stations as possible.

In all seriousness, send a pm to kf4vgx. He might be able to help you. Or you can just try to make as many contacts as you can on the repeater and hope some hams are scanning the bands. Leave the repeater hooked up to the most popular reflector. You can also see if there are any ham radio clubs in your area and see if they will pass the info on to their members.

3. K6DRR

Ok, how much would that cost [​IMG] . Ok, I was also looking at something called echolink map. It seems good. Any ideas apreciated. [​IMG]

4. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't. Echolink is not ham radio

5. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

That was actually the best answer. I just don't want to be the only one that says it.

6. K6DRR

Echolink is definitley ham radio, as long as it is a RF link. PC to PC is not ham radio.

7. W5LDA

W5LDA Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not ham radio! Nuff said.

8. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

In all fairness "HAM RADIO is not HAM RADIO " any more it is simply CB with an entry level test.
    The FCC could save a lot of operating expense by combining Parts 95 and 97  or better yet simply void them both!! [​IMG]

9. K6DRR

Ha Ha. Simply put- Echolink is ham radio, but ham radio is not ham radio [​IMG]

10. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here we go again debating if Echolink is ham radio or not. I guess I will have to try for 2 meter WAS in a single afternoon..........Maybe I will go after 70 cm WAS, also in a single afternoon with Echolink.

Why stop there. DXCC? No problem with Echolink!!!

So have a blast working "DX" with Echolink.....90% of amateurs will laugh in your face if you really think you are working "DX" or otherwise.

Best of luck,

Tom kcØw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.