programming software to program TK7160 kenwood radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by VO1DNK, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. VO1DNK

VO1DNK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a kenwood TK7160 that was given to me and I am looking t get the software to program it thanks

CT5HLM likes this.
  2. KE6IXS

KE6IXS Ham Member QRZ Page

do you have any clue where i can download a free software for this radio kenwood 7160

do you have any clue where i can download a free programing software i lost it and I can't find it for this radio kenwood 7160

thank you

3. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Kenwood KPG-99xx programming software and cable for your TK-7160 is available from most Kenwood commercial radio dealers.

4. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K6LCS

Does Indiana University condone the recommendation of Web sites that deal in stolen intellectual property? If they do,
    keep on using your signature file. If the recommendation of visiting a site with illegal offerings was your personal
    recommendation, then I suggest you drop the use of the IU logo.

Just a friendly suggestion from a fellow ham.

Clint Bradford
    909-241-666 - cell

6. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know. Why don't you ask them. Here is the contact information for the president of the university:

Michael A. McRobbie - President
    (812) 855-4613
    iupres@iu.edu

Let me know what he says.

Why should I drop the use of the logo? I do not represent Indiana University in any way, shape or form. Where did you get the idea that I did? The OP merely asked where he could download a free copy of the programming software and I answered his query. I even admonished him to use it at his own risk. I have no relationship whatsoever with the owner of that website. That website was found as a result of a Google search. The OP could have found it just as easily as I did if he had taken the time to do a search. If you have a problem with websites that deal with stolen intellectual property, then your problem is with Google, not me and certainly not with Indiana University.

And you are entitled to your opinion. And just like the egress end of the alimentary canal, everyone has one at they usually stink!

Did you post your phone number because you want me to call you?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  7. K6LCS

Fascinating reply. Usually when one created a signature file with a logo, they are trying to "promote" something, or are proud
    of something, or are showing the world a site of an idea they are proud of. But you post the logo of IU in your posts, and proudly
    declare, "I do not represent Indiana University in any way, shape or form."

The 'Net's a wonderful place.

Clint Bradford

8. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I am proud of the fact that Indiana University is my Alma Mater. I take such pride of that fact that I decided to incorporate it into my own callsign. The campus club's callsign is K9IU. I wanted KØIU, but the holder of that callsign still happens to be alive so in 1997, I took this one instead.

When I said that I do not represent them in any way, shape or form, that means that I do not speak on their behalf and am not an official spokesperson for Indiana University. I am not now nor have I ever been an employee of Indiana University. I am not now nor have I ever been a member of their faculty or staff of Indiana University.

So explain to me again why I should remove the IU logo from my signature?

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

10. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Still waiting for an answer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.