ad: M2Ant-1

Prognosis Of The Weekend DX Contest

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9BAY, Mar 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have basically said all I am going to say about contests. I have a feeling I don't want to know what "IB4BSCACA" means. In looking at your profile I admire your respect for your dad. That says a lot about you that you give him credit.

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

1. I told you "in before Burt starts complaining about contests AGAIN."

2. But more importantly, did you notice the funny little smiley at the end? What that means is, "I am JOSHING YOU!" :)

3. K1OIK

I never notice those. The key to the man in earnest is the man in jest.

4. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Zing! +1

WU8Y likes this.
  5. W3WN

Congrats!

I’m going to take a run at them soon. I don’t really need Easter Island (except on 160, but my antenna still needs some work), so I don’t want to clog the pileups when others who do need them are trying. Once things die down a little, we’ll see.

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

That would be new to me. I better get to looking for them. Oh, spotting network, where are they now :D

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

All? Never again? Hmmmm....

I'm guessing it's just for now, in this particular thread until the next time someone expresses having fun doing contests :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, KP4SX, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  8. W3WN

Well Dave, one thing I’ve learned around here over the last few years is that absolute declarations like that one rarely last for very long.

There are those that didn’t really mean it literally.
    There are those who just can’t help themselves.

And I’ll give you 3:2 odds that merely for making this observation, I will be accused of picking on someone. :p:p

W7UUU likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Haha!! so true :)

Dave
    W7UUU

10. K1OIK

I should have been more specific and referred to the character of contesters, usefulness and honesty I will no longer comment on. Although I will say after listening ATC communication and the number of times they need repeats if some of them were contesters they would hear it right the first time.