ad: AlphaRF-1

Profanity on 7.200

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD8UEI, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. W4ZZI

W4ZZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahhhh man I tell ya....I am not sure what Collins GD Twins look like...but I am familiar with some other Collins gear...in my younger days...there as an old crusty amateur radio operator that lived down below me...I complained about RFI from him and he came up and put in some chokes in our phone and cable lines...cleared it up....he then tried to recruit me. Of course I had other things to get done so I passed. But he had Collins and Drake stuff. Good ole American Electronics. I tried to buy older equipment, but the prices people want these days...I rather get a cheap new rig...and that's what I got.

So you admit you got a big radio...hmmmmmmmm......

As for that snob remarking about wires and 100 watt not cutting it.........no need to comment on that line of crap eh?

Let's remember...my comments were not so much about bitching about bungholes on the air......I was more voicing an opinion that lack of enforcement is the most detrimental factor amateur radio faces these days.

2. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ewww

3. WB6MMJ

WB6MMJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The profanity, out here, on the West Coast is becoming normal. It`s all over the bands.
    I don`t use it, myself, but with NO F.C.C. enforcement, it`s getting out of control.
    I`ve heard XXX type sex talk, drug talk, you name it, it`s on the air now.
    The class of Amateurs we are getting now, not all but a lot, are from the bottom of the barrel from CB. That`s thanks to how easy it is to get licensed now. That, I blame on the A.R.R.L. and the F.C.C.

N7ZAL and N3AB like this.
  4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe somewhat... the majority of it I blame on the moral decline of our society in general.

WZ7U and WA2PVM like this.
  5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

You totally did not comprehend what he was saying...

WZ7U likes this.
  6. N7ZAL

N7ZAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was hoping the thread would die a natural death or be moved to the trash forum. Profane thread on profanity...only on the ZED. :(

W7UUU likes this.
  7. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a preacher and I watched it. I could not quote you all the details except...well, you watch it and see.

8. W4ZZI

W4ZZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL.....drama kings......it's just conversation. Talking about what we see on the air and how we feel ain't such a bad thing. In fact....like the turn the big knob advice....just don't respond. I really don't see a problem with talking about bad conduct on the air...and if I did, I would probably keep on reading something else. People respond because they want to participate in the conversation. That simple.

N6HCM likes this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Must be the yankee accent throwing them off like that :rolleyes: ;) :D

WR2E likes this.
  10. K1NNG

K1NNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I say stop whining about the 7.200 mhz profanity on an internet board, it does nothing!
    Either report em or ring their doorbell!

WZ7U likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.