Problems with Lou Franklin K6NH (cbcintl.com)

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by G0OIL, Jun 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. G0OIL

G0OIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone

A few weeks ago I posted a message on here asking if anyone knew of Lou Franklin and if he was still in business. I got no replies.

His website (cbcintl.com) is still running and there's an order form and paypal payments are accepted.
    I ordered a book from him, heard no answer and had to get my money back via paypal buyer protection.

I don't like to say anything bad about a fellow Amateur but with a heavy heart I'd recommend that you don't order anything from cbcintl for now. The "Understanding and Repairing CB Radios" book is excellent, by the way, a bit like the ARRL Handbook in a few respects. I managed to get a pdf and it helped me to resurrect a couple of old CBs and get them working on 10m.

I don't know what is the situation with K6NH, whether he's ill or whatever so there may be a reason behind this.

2. KG5JAI

KG5JAI Ham Member QRZ Page

I am beginning to wish I knew where you got the PDF!!!!!!! (but honestly, I'd like to see him get the cash for it!!!)

I have been trying for months to just get confirmation that he is still taking orders but only the robot answers telling me that he will answer as soon as he can. I would really love to have this but don't want to pay the crazy prices on Amazon when I am not even sure they genuinely HAVE it!

I keep trying and hope that he will answer.....

73 de KG5JAI
    Bob