ad: w5yi

problems with 572B tube

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by CM2IU, May 6, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. CM2IU

CM2IU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a clipperton L which is stopped by the 572B tubes, can you tell me how are the Chinese tubes 572B shuguang?
    Thanks

2. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Chinese 572b work great if they are good. It’s not like they are weak or something like that.

3. CM2IU

I have read in comments previously regarding these Chinese tubes and I want to know the criteria of the others, if they have improved their quality, because I do not want to end up adapting other tubes, example the 811 I would like to continue with the amplifier in its original state
    regards

4. K4PDM

K4PDM Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a set of 4 572Bs from RF Parts a couple of months ago and they are performing very well.
    I don't know how long they will last but the plates are much thicker and the glass envelope is bigger than the Svetlana tubes they replaced.

K0UO likes this.
  5. CM2IU

Bueno, probaré estos tubos chinos, no hay otra opción.

WQ4G likes this.
  6. KA3TJI

KA3TJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Really, what are our options? Harry S. Chung has the tube market cornered and he knows we have nowhere else to go. That said, I bought four Penta 572b tubes on eBay and they seem to be worjust just fine.

7. CM2IU

who knows how the 572b shuguang goes

8. F8BDX

F8BDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello
    cetron 572B T160 L last 15 to 20 years.

at F8BDX:
    Chinese RFPARTS 2 years.
    Chinese from Aliexpress 2 years.
    therefore 100 euros every 2 years HI.
    Jose

9. CM2IU

well in my case it would be 200 dollars since the amplifier I have is a clipperton L that has 4 tubes

10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

The 572B (in most cases) can NOT be replaced by an 811A! The 572B has much greater dissipation rating, and can use a higher plate voltage, (which would destroy an 811a!) The 572B CAN be used in place of 811A's, because the filament requirement(s) are the same, and when used within 811A specs, the 572B is much more "forgiving" to misuse or abuse, although it acts just like the 811A. In short, you can (often) replace an 811A with the 572B, but NOT replace a 572B with an 811A!

N3RYB likes this.