PROBLEMS GETTING QRZ MEMBERS (WITH LOGBOOKS) TO CONFIRM

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W5HWU, May 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got 8788 contacts in my log, and only 1263 confirmed. You think you have problems! ;)

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The main problem is that this thread was started in the wrong forum.
    To get the answer to any logbook or logging related question everyone will need to post in the Logbook User Forum.

Please re-post your question in the Logbook User Forum.
    W1DQ will give you the answer to why your contacts have not been confirmed.

3. W5HWU

W5HWU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems I posted my thread on the wrong forum. Please forgive me.

I have decided to contact each operator (those which have a QRZ logbook) by email and request a confirmation on QRZ. I now have 161 countries (752 contacts) and 89 confirmations...only 11 more to go for my DX100 certificate. If the emails are sent promptly, the response is much better.

Thank you for your post. Please excuse me for not responding sooner. I have been busy.
    Best wishes to all and good DX.
    73s,
    Cecil Chaudoir
    W5HWU

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

See: http://logbook.qrz.com/page/stats.html

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

6. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not sure what the reply is for, but no help needed here. I have 100% conformation in my logbook.
    help1.jpg

My post in this thread was when the thread was in the CHC Forum but Jan finally moved it to your forum.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  7. NI4TG

NI4TG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am using qrz and lotw and can only achieve less than 50% confirm rate. Many who use qrz will simply not confirm or do not use the log book. A 14 year old ham I know uses half a dozen logging programs, and combines them all to achieve more confirmations, but he is ham crazy on steroids....

N4AAB likes this.
  8. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, they just have to click on their log confirm button here. Just so easy. Its not like taking a 25wpm CW test.

9. W5HWU

W5HWU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, Jim. Thanks for your response. Sorry for the delay.

I think I have a partial solution to the problem of acquiring confirmations from our DX contacts on QRZ.com.

The political forum that I belong to is very well organized and managed. The software they are using includes private messaging between members. We are alerted to an incoming message (PM) when we log on and the home page opens up. There is a thin yellow strip across our screens alerting us that we have a new stored message. Once the message is read, the yellow strip goes away.

It is entirely possible that the recipients of our requests for digital confirmation are simply not noticing that they have received an incoming message. They need a yellow strip across their screen, or some visual indicator that will definitely get their attention. Most operators, foreign and domestic, wish to cooperate. They simply don't open their incoming mail.

Please be advised (again) that only those operators whose call signs show up in your logbook in large blue letters actually use their QRZ logbook. However, I spoke to one operator in Sri Lanka via email whose call was in blue lettering. When I asked him to confirm via QRZ, he informed me that he did not upload to QRZ. That creates an interesting question.

In desperation (after multiple emails) I sent the operator $5.00 via PayPal on July 13. No QSL card yet.

Suggestions, anyone?
    Cecil

10. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I think some members don't check those PMs, but may upload their logs say once a month or once a quarter.

I just need to get back on the air and make more contacts. I still use LotW and eQSL as well.