ad: AlphaRF-1

Problem with WSJT-X (new version) and JT-Alert

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W0JMP, Mar 21, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. G0OOR

G0OOR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

loaded up latest version 2.8.3 and computer started to work very slow with all sorts of problems, did virus scan and it showed a trojan virus which has proved difficult to get rid of, reset computer back to a point before download all seems ok now but did find the programme very useful and would like to use it again but very reluctant to.

2. K3BR

K3BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't mean to change the thread, however under "Settings/Wanted US State/Enable Wanted US State Alert", per the instructions I am looking for a proper US Callsign database file to install. That way, won't have to tediously click and click to determine the station's QTH.
    Thanks, 73 de
    K3BR

3. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee, I use Windows 10 and the anti virus program (Essentials) without any problems. I do use WSJT-X and JT-65.

4. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

OMG, what an old thread. I use whatever is latest, wsjt-x 1.6. WAS in 16 weeks.

5. WW3MD

WW3MD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been using JT Alert-X v 2.9 for a few weeks now and am having a problem getting it to remember the settings for states worked, countries worked etc. etc.

Think I figured out what it causing it but don't like the only cure I see. When I delete my .adif file after insuring it has logged to QRZ, LOTW and eQSL as I did with an older version, it deletes my settings also. The only cure I see is not delete my log but that creates lots and lots of duplicates which, eventually, is going to slow down the logging system. The older version would create to log files, one was a .log and the other was a .adif. The .log file would stay and all was good.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  6. WW3MD

WW3MD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That was JT-Alert v1.7 and JT-AlertX v 2.9

7. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you actually experienced this slowdown? I've been using wsjt-x for six months. What should I be seeing? JT65 decodes scroll the screen & fill up jtalertx's boxes. What up?

8. W1LEM

W1LEM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI re Norton and WSJT-X--it is theoretically possible to exclude a download from scans. This worked for me for JTAlert but not for the 1.8 beta version of WSJT-X. I contacted Norton yesterday (31 Aug) to report the false positive. They got back to me today saying that it is now approved to clear scans but it may take 24 hours for Live Update to get to me.

9. W1LEM

W1LEM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Update: I ran Live Update, rebooted, and was able to download wsjt-x 1.8 rc. ALSO: LOTW accepts FT8 as a mode.

10. VK2WJ

VK2WJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTW wont accept FT8 as a mode for me, whats the trick?