Problem with WSJT-X (new version) and JT-Alert

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W0JMP, Mar 21, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. W0JMP

W0JMP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve, I really fouled things up and decided to delete JT alert and start over. The problem is that the only version of JT Alert for WSJT-X that I can find is ver 2.6.1. (I was running 2.4.1 but cannot find a download for that.) My Norton antivirus will not let me download v 2.6.1. I eve tried turning my virus protection off and downloading it but somehow, the virus protection seems to still stop it from executing??!!

How did you get it to download?

Thanks again for all the help.

Dan, W0JMP

2. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What version of Norton are you running? I had to go into Norton and un-delete the .exe file to install it. I have to do this with any updates with JT-Alert :(

3. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dan,

As an alternate, I sent you a direct email with the file.. Hope that works.. Steve NS3L..

4. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Scratch that.. Your system blocked the email.. Steve NS3L..

5. W0JMP

I do not know the version of Norton that I am using.....it just updates automatically.

I went into the advanced setting on Norton and "un-deleted" the JTAlert exe file. But when I tried to run it, I got two messages about Trojans. Then it file shows up under programs but will not run. This is getting frustrating.

I guess I should have left well enough alone!!

Dan, W0JMP

6. W0JMP

Well I went back to WSJT-X v 1.1 r3459 and all is well. I guess I will stay with the old stuff that works.

It was a frustrating experiment but I am glad to have things working again.

Thanks to all who offered help!

Dan, W0JMP

7. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the same exact issue with JT alert and Norton. I can't get it to work no matter what I try. It is quite frustrating.

8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Norton Antivirus (as well as Windows) have a function will allows "Exceptions" for programs to be allowed to run without tripping the antivirus function. Check for that and see if you can add JT Alert to the list.

9. KD2EIP

KD2EIP Ham Member QRZ Page

The situation is worse than just norton; google won't let me go to hamapps.com from a search on jt-alert. I think Avast antivirus is blocking the site as well if I try to go there directly.

10. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had to use the Exception option to prevent Defender from disabling JT-Alert, but now working very well and the new version of WSJT-X is very improved, with a much faster decode.