Problem with Personal page Embedded You Tube Videos

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K6FVC, Sep 29, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K6FVC

K6FVC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have noticed that now instead of YouTube videos playing within a window on our QRZ personal pages, a new full screen window is opened and must click a second time on the play button to get the video to play.

This is a new finding and is the same for Chrome and Safari.

Please check my K6FVC page for an example.

How can I fix this to be the way it use to be?

K6FVC

2. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a side effect of a security update made about 6 months ago. We no longer allow javascript in the callsign pages and this was the best way for us to allow Youtube videos to remain in people's biographies. It's admittedly not ideal, but it's the best idea we cam up with at the time. We're always revisiting these things, so hopefully there's a better way to handle this type of content in the future. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Jaime Jeffries, KF7WIS
    CEO, QRZ.com

K6FVC likes this.
  3. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

It's for all the dumb-dumbs who keep everything on their computers set to auto or auto-play, which is one of the causes for people getting viruses and malware. At least the Zed is looking out for those people who essentially keep their front doors wide open with a sign saying exploit me, and also keep the guard dog (virus protection) in the backyard thinking that will protect them.

For all the dumb-dumbs ... thank you Jaimie.