Problem with Kenwood ARCP-590 rig control software in Win10

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by KD0PMW, May 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KD0PMW

KD0PMW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is anyone successfully running Kenwood's ARCP-590 rig control software on a NEW installation of Windows 10? As opposed to a Windows 10 upgraded from previous 7 or 8 with the software already installed in the older OS.

After doing a clean installation of Windows 10 and reinstalling all my radio software I can no longer get the ARCP radio control software for my Kenwood 590s to run. All my other radio software - fldigi, WSJT-X, JTAlert, and RMS Express work flawlessly with full CAT control so I know it is not a USB driver, USB cable, nor audio CODEC issue.

The ARCP-590 software installs with no indication of any issues but when I launch it (as administrator) it gives me an error message stating "folder cannot write:" to the "Kenwood\ARCP-590\DataFile" and showing the complete path to the DataFile folder in the message and the folder properties are set to "Full Control".

Kenwood tech support pointed out that Widows 10 is not a qualified OS in their compatibility list on the download page for their radio control software. They also admitted that they do not even have any computers running Windows 10 on which to test it which is inexcusable for an OS now soon to be approaching the one year anniversary of it's release!

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

George
    KDØPMW

2. KC9ZHR

KC9ZHR Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running ARCP-480 via win10. ARCP was installed long after the windows 10 upgrade and it works for me....sorry I cant be any more help as I just got this radio and am learning the software myself.

3. KD0PMW

Problem was solved - it was an over zealous anti virus software interfering with the program
    George
    KDØPMW

4. N6DNU

N6DNU Ham Member QRZ Page

George...I recently encountered the same problem when using ARCP-590G...it worked fine for a year and just yesterday I received the same error message as you. So, you say it was aggressive anti-virus...was that the Microsoft Anti-Virus with Windows 10, or McAfee? Did you just disable the anti-virus to solve the problem?
    Thanks in advance
    John N6DNU

5. KD0PMW

That was a long time ago but usually it requires white listing the program with my anti virus software which is BitDefender. I almost never use the Kenwood software to control the radio so perhaps I was doing a firmware upgrade at the time.
    Good luck!
    George KDØPMW