Problem with Icom IC-7000 resetting

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KE5YQP, Mar 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KE5YQP

KE5YQP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Forum,

I purchased an Icom IC-7000 in 2008 (new) and used it regularly on VHF, UHF, and HF without an issue. I have RG8 coax cables to my 2m/440 vertical and to an 80m Double Bazooka with a LDG IT-100 for HF autotuning. Around 2010 I ceased using the radio as frequently and as much as a year elapsed before turning it back on...(I finished school, got a job, got married, and lived life)

I recently turned the radio on and attempted to make a contact 0n 2m with power at 100
    % (50w I believe) and the radio immediately reset when I keyed the mic; however transmission was successful at 65w. The radio will not transmit on HF at all irregardless of the output power setting...at at this point I think the autotuner is not longer functional (barring a problem with the radio.)

I have been able to transmit up to 75w on 2m without a reset. My question is this...should I look at replacing the coax cable due to potential damage over the years or is there something else I need to look at? The radio has a shutoff feature for high SWRs and my initial thought was that that was the case.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Christopher
    KE5YQP

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Try it with a dummy load first and see what happens.

3. KE5YQP

KE5YQP Ham Member QRZ Page

Will do. Thank you

4. K9WWW

K9WWW Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you figure out your issue? I'm having a similar problem. Need to connect up a don't load and do more troubleshooting tonight.

5. G0GSR

G0GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

First thing I would check is the PSU, DC lead and fuse-holders.

Frank

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep.

I would hope the problem was solved by now.