Problem with FLRig not saving config data

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by NS2R, Aug 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. NS2R

NS2R Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I've installed FLRig yesterday, it talks very well with my ic-7700 after I hit the Init button, but when I shut it down the rig,com port, and baud rate data are not saved the next time I open it. I'm running it on Windows 10 as a stand alone program for rig control. How do I get the data to be saved? Any ideas would be appreciated. Tnx 73....Phil NS2R

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

You should have seen a firewall popup when you first ran Flrig. Did you click allow?

3. NS2R

NS2R Ham Member QRZ Page

YES

4. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Check to make sure that Flrig made a preference directory in you home directory. And, make sure you have the correct permissions to access the folder and files.

On my W10 system I have the directories "fldigi.files", "fllog.files", and "flrig.files". Each directory contains a couple of ".prefs" files and possibly a debug file. One of the files in "flrig.files" should contain the name of your rig. While the ".files" directories show up as "read only", administrator and myself show full access.

5. NS2R

NS2R Ham Member QRZ Page

I found flrig.files in my user directory, but it seems when I initialize nothing is written to the file, but it seems to write to NONE.files, I even tried to move the flrig.files directory to the same directory where flrig.exe resides,and shut off my malwarebytes, nothing seems to help?