ad: elecraft

Problem with brand new KX2/paddle

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by SQ6GIT, Jul 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. SQ6GIT

SQ6GIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, has anyone experienced such an issue?

This is what happens:

The bottom mounted paddle does not seem to react for dots (left paddle), just reacts to right ones. The setting is correct, not as straight key, so software setting is fine.
    The paddle through the side jack socket works fine both for dots and dashes.

I will contact Elecraft, but since I have really limited time (in USA only this and part of next week), I am worried if they can fix it before, thus I am trying to diagnose as soon as possible.

Thanks for any help.

2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Saw your update on the SOTA reflector - glad to see that Elecraft stepped up to the plate for your fix.....

4. SQ6GIT

SQ6GIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, Don

Yes, Elecraft seem to have stood up to their best level of service and given my short stay in USA offered a prompt sending of the replacement (tested) without even awaiting for my return showing up at their door. Great support it seems.

The wires were intact, I checked them at first instance. Not sure what it was, but I am impatiently awaiting the replacement hitting my door tonight.

5. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Not having the problem with mine so far. Glad they took care of it for you!

6. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

I know this thread is old but I have the same issue with the right paddle. I have to push it several times before it activates. Maybe mine is just an adjustment. I'll play with it tomorrow to see. Konrad did they say what the problem was with yours?

7. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Elecraft will make an issue right, great company. I had one of their first paddles that was also plagued with problems. Surprised they made the mistake again.

8. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

when lacking the time to do the job right.make some to spare to get the things right the fondest of memories a consumer will retain is shipping it back to get fooled once again.

9. KY5U

KY5U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Paddles were made in China and they had a bad batch.

10. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

as long as they used the same QA team for the north korean missle guidance systems, my self not takin chances and pointing my christmas lazer illuminator westward to be assured a quick clean target acquisition althoth the power plug thingy seems a bit intermittent