PRO pirate: can't believe this

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by MM0VPY, Aug 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. MM0VPY

MM0VPY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This must be the worst pirate operator that I have heard of.

proof: https://goo.gl/ZwCBNh

Who allowed the "operator" use their station to work remotely.

He shows awards for contests on his qrz page....people have lost out on awards due to this cheat.

Proof of license must now be shown to validate awards I think.

This is just bringing the hobby into disrepute.

Unbelievable

2. MM0VPY

MM0VPY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't understand why this post has not been made public.

I am only looking to see if other operators consider the hobby to be one of gentlemen were you take everyone as sincere and upstanding.

I just can't believe that anybody can go for 10, organising and participating in contests with now checks being carried out. I thought this as an honourable hobby and feel for the operators who have worked within the rules and have been cheated from awards.

I look forward to your reply

3. KI6EFA

KI6EFA Ham Member QRZ Page

i don't know what you're talking about and your link is dead

WU8Y, NK2U, KC9VFO and 2 others like this.
  4. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As a general policy it is not a good idea to click on unknown shortened URLs.
    This could end being malware.

K1TGX, K2XT and K1OIK like this.
  5. KV6O

KV6O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, OM, but I don't have a clue what you're going on about!

WU8Y likes this.
  6. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Apparently another example of someone who is upset about something, but he/she cannot explain exactly what the problem is but still expects everyone to agree with him.

So OM, please tell us why anyone but you should care about your "problem"?

Now that I've said that, the guess from here is that the OP has a complaint against someone else operating a remote station, and then applying for some award or other. Maybe its an award that the OP has not yet gotten for whatever reason, and now he feels put out that the "pirate" has the award?

Well, here's a news flash from Captain Obvious: Life's not fair, get over it!

People cheat all the time for many reasons. Strangely enough society seems to reward cheating: "All is fair in love and war!" or something to that effect. Anyone who "cheats" in ham radio is only cheating himself, not you.

It's not all about you. All that you can do is to compete against yourself.

So, if you have a valid complaint, lets air it out here. Names, callsigns, event, award. You know, the old who, what, where of journalism?

It's just me, but an unknown link that I'm supposed to click on without knowing where it goes? No way bud. Details here or you're just shouting into the wilderness.

73 OM and keep your blood pressure low, OK?

AF4RK likes this.
  7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, reading between the lines, I THINK what the OP is unhappy about is that some unknown station beat him out in a contest; now that he's found out said station was operated remotely, he is unhappy.

At least I think that's the gist of if.

Since the link is dead, and we have no other way of knowing who this "PRO" station or induhvidual is, there's really not more than can be said. Nor can we debate the issue, since we know no details. (Not that THAT has ever stopped The Usual Suspects before)

Regardless, I've got the popcorn popping.

WG7X and WZ7U like this.
  8. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of butter on mine, and some sour cream and onion seasoning if you got it

WZ7U likes this.
  9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Mr. Mittens sez, "Let the butt hurt begin!"

cat-watching-a-movie-via-Shutterstock-800x430.jpg

KD8ZMN, W4IOA and K4PIH like this.
  10. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

last I knew remote stations were legal for contests... get over yourself!

WU8Y likes this.