Primary Statio Location

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4DCX, Feb 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KK4DCX

KK4DCX Incomplete QRZ Page

Hello, my name is Herb Perez. My letters are KK4DCX. Those letters were given to me ln Florida, but currently l live in Puerto Rico now.
    Many stations question my letters and my location. I understand KK4 is not from Puerto Rico.

What can l do for stations to believe that l am ln Puerto Rico and not Florida?

Thank you,
    73's

2. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

well, it shouldnt matter b/c they can easily look up you callsign (letters?) and see where you live. If you are going to be in PR for a long period, why not apply for a WP4/KP4 prefix vanity call? it's free.

3. KL1T

KL1T Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. If you are not attached to your callsign, you can get a shorter one. I believe 2x2 are available to everyone there.

4. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

You can state your call sign on the air as KP4/KK4DCX. Or, as @WF4W states, you can change call sign by getting a KP4-prefixed vanity call sign.

5. KK4DCX

I think using WP4/KK4DCX is better. Probably in two more years ill be back in Florida.

6. KK4DCX

How do l do it. Say all the letters on a CQ call?

7. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. For example:
    Code:
    CQ CQ CQ from WP4 stroke KK4DCX, CQ CQ CQ from whiskey papa fow-er stroke kilo kilo fow-er delta sharlee ekcs-ray, CQ CQ CQ from WP4 stroke KK4DCX, over.
    Of course, you'll have to get QSL cards with that call printed on it with the correct location, or maybe a menu - I've seen cards where there are two station locations printed on them and the sender checks off the correct one. Also make sure that your station location in LoTW is set up properly.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Or just say, "<your call> portable KP4" or say "This is <your call> in Puerto Rico calling CQ 20 and standing by."

9. KK4DCX

Thanks for advice. I will follow this format. I think it should be clear this way.

10. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Herb, you geolocation in your QRZed profile places you in the Arabian Sea off the coast of Bombay India. You might want to update it. cheers, bill