Prices of used IC-7300s?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by WD4ED, Mar 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I have seen 2 IC-7300 radios for sale at local Hamfests, one went for $900. sold to a local Gent that I know! He is very happy.

2 weeks later at a larger indoor Hamfest I saw one at $850. not sold at 11am.

I paid full price almost 2 years ago, $1499.95 and really like my IC-7300. I have Not upgraded the firmware. I am lazy. ;)

I know several other Hams that have bought and are using the IC-7300, I think it is the best buy for an HF radio at $1300 or less after rebate.

No, it is not as good as my K3, but it is still a very nice radio. I use it more often than the K3 to be very honest.

2. KE6P

KE6P Ham Member QRZ Page

I get interested in used equipment at about the 75 percent of new price. Assuming that the item appears well taken care of and the ham seems honest. To get quick sales on a recent estate I handled for a SK friend, I was pricing items at about 50 percent of the common Ebay asking prices. Items moved quickly with no warranties and no returns.

3. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Best new prices I have seen on the IC-7300: Nov 2017 Black Friday Sale: net $999 (after rebates) and a free Heil HM-12 mic and cable.

Current best price: as of May 14, 2018 several vendors offering a Pre-Dayton Sale eg. HRO and Gigaparts: net $999 (after $100 rebate) but no free Heil mic this time.

The radio at $999 is a bargain... unless you can find a nice used one for $750-$800 you're better off buying a brand new one (warranty). Quite a deal right now, even without a free microphone.

4. NO2Y

NO2Y Ham Member QRZ Page

They're at $999 now at Gigaparts and HRO after rebates.

But I will say this....warranty is based on serial number. So, if he registered it when he bought it and then sold it to you within the warranty period, it's still warrantied

5. W6GYV

W6GYV Ham Member QRZ Page

Paid $800. Bought a 1 year old 7300 from local seller. I was able to test it out prior to boxing it up.
    But no CD. I don't need no stinking CD! I did buy a color printed manual on eBay from Shawn, KJ7MX at RadioManuals.com
    Just a plug, not a paid endorsement

6. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Have to agree, but also, some folks figure since they paid 1200 new, that now it should be 1000 without doing homework on what new is selling for and what used ones are listed for, but %75 is a good rule of them for me also..

WD4ED likes this.
  7. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page

testing just to see if im Verified

8. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page

apparently not