Price Police Aren't Welcome

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K0HKT

K0HKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Job I agree 100% with this policy. KOHKT

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not true. You may ask about the price or make an offer, IF YOU ARE A PROSPECTIVE BUYER. What's not allowed are comments about the price from folks who are simply giving an opinion and have no intention to buy.

N5TTI, KC9UDX and N0TZU like this.
  3. WA8WWL

WA8WWL Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a subject that I admit I feel too strongly about. Even though I agree to comply with the moderator about making snarky remarks, I also strongly agree with others that commented above that there are to many people trying to gouge with there pricing and I think they should be told that to their face. I have since resorted to private e-mails. One guy try to compare his overpriced 60's era tube rig with a 1968 Chevy SS 396. Give me a break. Another guy called me an A** H***. I think these people are going to destroy the hobby. Ham radio was never about taking financial advantage of your fellow hams. $60 for a 60 year old Heathkit wattmeter that gives terrible accuracy and $125 for a Drake W4 wattmeter that originally sold for $59.99 in 1972 is simply ridiculous and these people need to be shamed. I have been a Ham since 1965 and I am so disgusted with the ads in the classifieds that I am selling all my equipment and getting out of ham radio.

W8GMF, KM4NOW, WQ4G and 1 other person like this.
  4. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

And I get that you want to eliminate the "Price Police", however, your OP states:

Emphasis added.

My example of "Would you take $175" is a question about price, is it not?

I prefer to make a post about my willingness to buy public - so I can claim to be first in line, if it came down to that. Lot's of times, you see folks post "e-mail sent" or similar. Not that there is any policy there, I have done exactly that in the past only to be told that it was sold already. Or, I make an offer at $175, someone else could make a follow-up offer at $200 - all publicly visible. Not possible if you're doing this via private e-mails.

Example of "e-mail sent" from a prospective buyer - me. It was not sold to me, however:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/tyt-tytera-md-380-uhf-dmr-portable.483341/#post-3525942

Example of myself and another ham voicing our desire for Paypal terms - not sure if this would still be allowed:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/icom-id-31a-uhf-ht-d-star-ready-w-gps.455177/#post-3303721

And here's an example of a public price negotiation that resulted in a sale - to yours truly:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/icom-id-31a-uhf-ht-d-star-ready-w-gps.455177/#post-3303721

But these are just my opinions. I think a discussions and/or negotiations on the price and/or terms are healthy, and necessary for a free market. But I don't make the rules here, and that's OK. ;)

Buyer beware.

Steve
    KV6O

N0YPD, AC2NT, WQ4G and 1 other person like this.
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve, I understand where you are coming from, But the real problem is that people come around and tell a seller what they should set the price at. Instead of making a offer.

These people have no plan on even buying the item.

Or some make a comment, "what you are selling is a Piece of junk, and only worth half of what your are asking". Comments like that are better left unsaid.

In Texas we call those type of people Rabble Rousers. Name calling is not allowed here tho. :p

That is the way I see it. It is no biggie, Just a friendly reminder from Fred. :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  6. ZL4PLM

ZL4PLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I see my comments on an incorrect warranty on a flex 6500 have been dumped. that had nothing to do with price .. it had everything to do with the seller offering his radio with incorrect information

Ok .. cool .. I vote with my feet ... no more QRZ support, no more money from me.

WQ4G and NZ4J like this.
  7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

8. ZL4PLM

ZL4PLM Ham Member QRZ Page

the warranty is transferable for a fee from the new owner and its only running from the remaining time from the date of manufacture

his ad is incorrect and misleading.

So be it .. nice one Fred ... sure you won't miss my 40 bucks renewal or the deleted logs / awards and ads off my page

you might not be so zealous next time you delete postings

I do not support this new policy for this very reason

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    WQ4G and NZ4J like this.
  9. KD7DFV

KD7DFV Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't delete posts! Says so in the first few write ups.

NZ4J likes this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like it could be better not having "For Sale" at all. Then nobody could complain about it. :eek:

No Scams for all. :D

No worry about using Paypal, or paying Shipping. :)

Why do people find it so hard to follow simple rules ?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.