Price Police Aren't Welcome

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5YYZ

N5YYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have seen some very rude comments,thanks for stepping forward and taking action QRZ!

2. KF4MGF

KF4MGF Ham Member QRZ Page

So glad to see this!! I've read some of the remarks / comments in the past that some folks have made to sellers and others. I was surprised the moderators allowed such. You have my vote for shutting that conduct / mentallity down!! Yaaaaaa, QRZ!!

3. K7IN

K7IN Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe not allowing any comments except those sent privately to the seller would take care of the problem as well. Also allowing the seller ONLY to post a comment such as marking and item "sold". Anyway, it doesn't matter what someone prices their wares at. If they want a certain price for their item, so what? If you don't want to buy it, don't impose your disagreement on a public forum. And, just because you may have seen or bought something for less money in the past doesn't mean that you have to right to say anything. If someone wants an item usually they are willing to pay what appears to be a decent price to buy it no matter what it might have sold for elsewhere. If you aren't buying it, you are only causing trouble by making any comment as to the "fairness" of any price. If you think a price is too high DON'T BUY IT! Keep scrolling or look elsewhere, don't start a battle with someone. If you just can't control your fingers, send them a private message and state your case. If a seller thinks your comment has merit, let him act on it or they can hit the delete key and you'll never receive a reply. Some people make too big a deal out of the price of stuff in this hobby. If you're not buying it, it's not up to you to be the "price police".

I would not have made any comment on this other than I was the victim of two people a couple of years ago who decided to go after me over what I was asking for something. Not only did it present a problem, it was not any of their business to comment. Consequently, my items did not sell over a two week time so, I re-posted them elsewhere and they were both sold the same day.

W0ZZG likes this.
  4. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently purchased something listed in the forum, available brand new for only $10 more.

I acknowledge "risk" of purchase from an unknown individual, however I would rather purchase from another radio amateur.

W0ZZG and KC9UDX like this.
  5. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And I'd rather have the one that's proven to work for the past 366 days than the one that comes with the one-year warranty.

W0ZZG likes this.
  6. KC9SVN

KC9SVN Ham Member QRZ Page

KUDOS! To the last few posts. From the way I understand it is WE are NOT here to EVALUATE the pricing on individual sales. Do your homework before you buy. Don't like the price? Don't Buy! Want to be the proverbial "Turd in a Punch Bowl"? Get your own " Punch Bowl" ..... If you make snide remarks about an overpriced item, are you going to tell a seller to raise his asking price if his is too low? Sure you can, just buy your own servers, set up a web site, get a following, and run it as you please.
    But here we are all GUESTS. And being good guests we need to behave ourselves to the standards set forth by the people that actually do run things here... So that means no childish behavior. If you need a friend to tell you to not put your finger in the fire because you will get burned then you are in the wrong place. I am sure there is a kindergarten web site out there some where waiting for your comments and point of view. For those too LAZY to do a price check and would prefer to rely on seller bashing by your equally immature peers. That is not what Amateur radio is about.
    Pick any Brand New Ham radio in the $800-$1,000 Price range. Do a search on the internet and you will find that same radio selling for anywhere from $800-$1,100 Brand New at reputable retailers across the country. Are you going to call the retailers that are higher priced and give them a piece of your (small) mind? Do you think they would really care what you have to say? Used item prices are set by buyers not sellers. Overpriced items only sell if they are scarce and very popular. I have been selling on the internet for over 15 years now and it has gotten to the point where a popular $41 item sits for 2 weeks, I lower the price to $39 and the item sells within an hour. $2 price difference determined the sale of the item. NOT some idiot telling me my asking price is high..... and, had I been offered $39 , I would have sold the item to the person sending the offer.
    If you really want to teach a high priced seller a lesson, go out and get a dozen of whatever he or she is selling and list & sell the same item for half his or her asking price. That will really show 'em!!!!

K3RBP and W0ZZG like this.
  7. K8CBC

K8CBC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you!

8. WA6JFK

WA6JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

Too bad we cannot prevent people from posting "Icom-ID880H SOLD" etc, who cares if it's sold, by that time it's just clutter.

KD2FVM likes this.
  9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not see a problem with that.

It is common courtesy, It prevents people from asking about something that is no longer for sale.

10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Reading a couple of the posts about the new folks needing some help with pricing I don't think they have a strong case with all the information available if they do the research however I suppose it would not hurt if they used another forum i.e. RCII to ask for help in determining a price range for a certain piece of equipment so that it would not involve the "for sale" forum.

KC9UDX likes this.
  11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.