Price Police Aren't Welcome

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NK7Z

NK7Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for enforcing the rules, and NOT removing the ability to post.

K7KQA, W7UUU and N7IQV like this.
  2. K6BTM

K6BTM Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent !
    TNX 73

WB6MIE likes this.
  3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember when no one could post because of rude comments.

It is great that we can post questions now. Thank you Fred for bring it back. :)

I do not understand why people say "I can get it cheaper elsewhere" If they can, they should buy them and resell them. Not make comments about the price being to high. :eek:

The only Price Police should be at Walmart to match prices.

73, Have Fun Everyone.

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

You need to do your research why make a used purchase if you don't know what the new price would be if the item is currently available and if not look around what are they going for on other sites, Ebay, dealers used lists etc.. The price and the entire transaction is between the buyer and the seller it's of concern to no one else. If the price is in the ballpark of what you want to pay make an offer I do it often with some good results otherwise move on.

K4VLL likes this.
  5. KC9SVN

KC9SVN Ham Member QRZ Page

GOOGLE IT! ......GOOGLE IT! ....... GOOGLE IT!

I ALWAYS ! GOOGLE an item before I buy! You would not believe how many items I found cheaper on Amazon than on Fleabay! And how many items I passed at a flea market just to come running back and buying after their selling price came up when I GOOGLED the item! The internet is your friend. Just about everyone has internet access even on their phones today. Use it! Do not rely on others to tell you an item is over priced...

6. W5TD

W5TD Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with KA2HQR, why should the onus be on the buyer, if it is obvious that a seller is asking too much and trying to rip off hams. Lots of new amateurs do not know the value of gear, and we should help to keep them from being taken advantage of.

If you don't want people to make comments about your price, don't ask unfair prices. This isn't rocket science.

KA2DTH, W8GMF, WB0MPB and 4 others like this.
  7. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Both the buyer AND the seller should do their homework on pricing. Google, Bing, Yahoo, eBay, and others aren't that hard to use, and you don't need to use all of them. Just get an idea of what the same or similar items have been selling for recently. It's in your best interest to know the market, whichever side of the transaction you're on. Anyone who attempts to buy OR sell without trying to do at least a little bit of price checking runs the risk of looking like a fool or a scammer, and/or losing out financially on the transaction.

8. KD5KJ

KD5KJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am sorry to inject but is is very hard to legislate stupidity.
    73 and this is a great forum.

N7IQV likes this.
  9. KM4ELS

KM4ELS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm with KA2HQR,,,, And not because she's the best looking ham to post ......
    i'm a new ham ,,,, i want to buy radios and radio equipment .
    when someone post ,,, hey you can buy that on gigaparts for the same price , with free shipping ,,, i appreciate it ,,,
    i always check & research the item first but , sometimes a NICE, HONORABLE , ham speaks up and helps me out ,,, { Thank you}
    So if you want to support the CARPETBAGGING yahoos , that buy a product , use it for 5 years , and then try to sell it as brand new ,,
    for 90 % of the original purchase price ,, Then go ahead , stick with them ,, and to you a large RASEBERRY >>>>>>

W8GMF, KT4H, KM4NOW and 4 others like this.
  10. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You sure are helping the honest seller who just to you doesn't seem honest, too. Good luck in your selling.

WW8A likes this.
  11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.