ad: portazero-1

Price Police Aren't Welcome

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The title says it all. From time to time we have disabled comments in this Swapmeet area because we don't think that it's fair or reasonable for non-buyers to come around and take potshots at other people's listings. Our moderators have been instructed to delete any reply to a For-Sale listing that makes commentary on the listing itself. We apply this rule to all commentary, whether positive or negative. The only acceptable replies that we will allow are those that ask a material question about the item being sold. Those questions may not be about price, however. Any inquiry or comment about a listed item's price should be through email or private message, directly with the seller.

So, for now, don't be surprised if your snarky comments get deleted without notice. Neither us or the sellers will miss them. Those who won't read this notice, or those who read it but refuse to comply, shall have administrative sanctions applied to their account. Finally, if ultimately fail in getting these wisecracks under control, we'll just shut down all replies in the swap as before.

Please help our community be a friendly, respectful place. If someone is asking too much for an item, they will quickly learn that on their own. It's not your job to "warn" others that better deals are to be had elsewhere. We're all grown-ups here.

P.S. comments are open on this particular post since it's technically not a For-Sale item.

KE4AMQ, N2JF, AF7XI and 27 others like this.
  2. W7PK

W7PK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As I am a forum moderator on another board I think I can sum up my cement in just a few words.

I for one know how demanding this job can be.
    Your post was well written friendly and direct to the point

Thank you

9Z4FZ, KD8ZKE, W4LDK and 6 others like this.
  3. W4PIG

W4PIG Ham Member QRZ Page

GOOD POST!!!!!

W4LDK, W7GST, W5CSW and 3 others like this.
  4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hire a photographer.

My best camera takes terrible pictures when I push the button.

VE3OIJ likes this.
  5. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred,

THANK YOU!

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

W4LDK and N7IQV like this.
  6. WA6JFK

WA6JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

I should stated this in a different way, is there any way to make the photos appear larger without clicking on them?
    The old site seemed to handle photos better.
    Thanks

7. AA7BQ

N7IQV likes this.
  8. N8UP

N8UP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been guilty of this from time to time, but in no way were any of my posts "snarky"...just stating fact that you can get something "new" for less than someone is asking. All items I did that for were something I was interested in buying. I will refrain from such activity in the future to avoid you having to delete it. Thanks for this post, I guess I didn't realize it was that big of a deal or problem. Now I know. Keep up the great work.

KA2DTH, W8GMF and WW8A like this.
  9. AA7BQ

If it happens again, contact the seller and negotiate with them. Mentioning it in the Forums is akin to public shaming. One-on-one is the way to go.

KF6HF, AA4BQ and N3PZZ like this.
  10. AI2SS

AI2SS Ham Member QRZ Page

Let the buyer beware, it's a jungle out there.

I should edit this to say that, I think hams helping hams extends to when people are overcharging and trying to take advantage of other hams. If I was forewarned that the $120 someone was asking for something used could be had new for $140 I would be glad for the warning. Scamming isn't just taking someone's money and not sending something back, it's also asking too much from an unaware buyer. That's not good faith. I've had people warn me in swap meets not to buy something I was interested in. Then go on to explain why. By the end of the day the seller's price was reduced, but probably wouldn't have been without kind people looking out for each other.

KA2DTH, W8GMF, WB2LZM and 11 others like this.
  11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.