ad: elecraft

Prewound Toroids For Elecraft Kits

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K8EAB, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8EAB

K8EAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just finished K2 #2650 and it is now on the air!  The task was made much more enjoyable and quicker because I opted to purchase the K2's toroids pre-wound, stripped and tinned from Mychael Morohovich, AA3WF ("The Toroid Guy") ... his product was very professionally done, clearly labeled to help avoid assembly errors, and the turn-around was quite amazing ... I had put off getting the K2 because I was apprehensive about being able to strip and tin the leads correctly ... the Toroid Guy's service removed this obstacle completely ...

For those contemplating assembling a K1 or K2, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking a look at the "Toroid Guy"s
    products ... the link to his order form is below ...

http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/ToroidGuy/toroidguy_prewound_toroids.htm

I'm now assembling 2 add-in options for the K2, and contemplating what accessory to order next ... after a hiatus of more than 30 years (since my last major HeathKit went together&#33[​IMG], I'm back into kit-building ... and its fun!  And having an end-product that is as feature-rich as the K2 when you're finished is just icing on the kit-building cake!

73 de K8EAB in Georgia ...

JP1ITN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.