Pretty AM Shack from KB3RHR

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KA4KOE, May 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W2BTK

W2BTK Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL....... dude that is the funniest thing i have read ALL DAY.....

2. W2BTK

Yes, frequently about 5kc away from the center fq of an ongoing AM qso. Its strange. Happens all the time too. I dunno. *scratch head*. I dont mind listening to his "s" and "t" sounds while im talking to my friends and he calls cq.

3. K9GAS

K9GAS Ham Member QRZ Page

3875, 3880, 3885, 3890 all used as AM spots, a bit hard to not overlap........

4. W2BTK

This is the mentality that causes it. If you want channels, get a CB. 5kc carrier to carrier is 2.5k audio bandwidth per QSO. If you see somebody using AM, leave more room than that. Nobody is going to go to hell for using 3886, or 3879.

5. K9GAS

K9GAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't mention channels, so who's the cber! LOL
    Learn to play in the same sandbox, 75m is a crowded spot
    Propagation changes etc.... multiple QSO's on the same frequencies etc....
    practice what you preach....
    73 OM

6. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Five kc/s separation is not enough for two ongoing AM QSOs within strong signal range of each other. You inevitably have mutual interference with one QSO on 3885 and another on 3880. I often call CQ on 3878 or lower when I hear a QSO on 3885 that I don't wish to join. The bands have been sparsely enough populated of late that there is seldom need to crowd that closely together. On 75m even during low-QRN evening hours, it is not unusual for the band to be vacant all the way from 3870 to 3890. Even the 3892 kc slopbucketeers are often conspicuous by their absence.

W2BTK and W2VW like this.