ad: vanity

President Lincoln 2 plus Clarifier (RIT)

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KD2SFC, Jul 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KD2SFC

KD2SFC Ham Member QRZ Page

I just realized that my clarafier knob does nothing when I use it to tune a USB or LSB station in. I have to tune it 1khz to hear the person properly and then I am off on transmit. Anyone know if the feature has to be enabled or should work out of the box?

2. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

3. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought (most) clarifier controls only worked on receive.
    Tom WA4ILH

KA0HCP likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

"Clearly" that should be the case. :p

5. KD2SFC

It was tyhe CLARSET feature. choices are r,t or both. Pretty cool that you can lock the r and t without a mod.....

6. KE6EE

KE6EE Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a CB radio. Don't know if at present it remains an illegal import for CB use.

At any rate a very poor performer for ham use. Properly-implemented RIT and XIT functions are standard on ham gear.

Not much is "cool" about that radio.

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

A Slider works on transmit also. :rolleyes:

8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Rad Shack HTX10 with a "clarifier" marked "fine tune" and it tuned both the T and R together, not just R!

9. KD2SFC

Not much cool about your response. No, its not a CB radio. You are sorely misinformed.....

thanks for your less than decent response, If you don't like the radio than keep it to yourself since you didn't need to reply just to make a negative statement.

N7UJU and N8VIL like this.
  10. N5AVF

N5AVF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page