"Pre Nets"

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2TXB, Jul 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes it is and a decent OP will always take the high road as an example of just that, a decent OP. 73 Rich

N3AWS likes this.
  2. KC5NYO

KC5NYO Ham Member QRZ Page

I listened to a net once, back in the late 90’s. They would give signal reports of “….. you’re 2-2, .22, BANG BANG!

3. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A "pre-net", a "net" and the "post net" is more often than not just a social gathering.

Don't like nets, don't participate.

Don't want to move frequency for a net, dig in a stay right there.

My radios have a frequency management device that I deploy effectively to increase the enjoyment of this hobby. I suggest the use of such a device may do the same for everyone else too.

There's enough spectrum for everyone.

~N1VAU

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    N3AWS and WA1GXC like this.
  4. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Such as the OMISS nets

5. K8XG

JS8Call would let the net actually say something

N3AWS and W1BR like this.
  6. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A few AM nets on 160 meters have activity before the net. It gives folks a chance to actually hear some chatter before the nets start up. I belong to the gray hair net on 160. Biggest problem is the long wait between check ins and actually getting a chance to say hello. But, it does create AM activity on a band that has two MHz of space begging for more action.

7. K8XG

If only I had room for a 160 wire. I can receive it well, but on TX have only had a few JS8Call contacts when a few of the early adopters were trying JS8 on 160 out. I had to take my power down to 4 watts to get a reasonable match on a roller tuner but did make the contact.

8. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

It will need a PreFT8Net, as well as a Preamble, an Amble, and a Postamble. ;)

K8XG likes this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

And probably a pre-roll to get through. :cool:

K8XG likes this.
  10. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page