ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Pre Huntsville Hamfest 2022 Festivities, Parachute Mobile

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Aug 30, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KG5AHJ

KG5AHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Come and hangout with us before Huntsville Hamfest 2022. We spend the day at Monte Sano State for POTA Meet up. Then Carlos Drags me into a plane for my first Parachute Mobile dive. What did i miss, OR what should I do next year?

Frank L.

KG4BFR, KB9HGI, XE1ZVJ and 7 others like this.
  2. KE7DRT

KE7DRT Ham Member QRZ Page

What a fun video. I love the OOPS!! HI HI!! You almost looked like you were going to pass out. I'm quite certain I would have.
    Thanks for sharing.

KG5AHJ likes this.
  3. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

The end was different? It was like food food food. Hihi just saying

KG5AHJ likes this.
  4. YV5MKI

YV5MKI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

jajajajaj good video

5. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to see, that there was a handheld used in the air. And that the safety distance to the body were minded. So that nobody went up in smoke.

6. KG5AHJ

I cared that candy bar from TEXAS Buckees. IT WAS Amazing

7. N4BCD

N4BCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Frank, we're known as 'The World's Friendliest Hamfest' and thank you for jumping out of an airplane to get here!

Mark N4BCD
    Huntsville Hamfest Chairman

KG5AHJ likes this.
  8. KG4TGZ

KG4TGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Must have made it down to my neck of the woods in Cullman for the skydive. Wish I had had the radio on at the time, would have been a fun contact.

Buddy KG4TGZ

K0UO likes this.
  9. KG5AHJ

My pleasure, I can't wait till next year.

10. KC3HUM

KC3HUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Love it man! I'm a licensed skydiver and have been thinking about taking a ht with me on a jump and doing parachute mobile!! Just haven't done it yet as i kinda want to get to 200 jumps or so and have a bit more experience prior to adding a distraction... Would prob be a ton of fun on a nice warm day doing a high pull (10,000' or so) and spending 20 min or more making some contacts! :)

KG5AHJ and W9EBE like this.
  11. KG5AHJ

You should Check out Carlos Channel, He was the instructor i was little spoon tooo. (https://www.youtube.com/c/LifeAtTerminalVelocity)

KC3HUM likes this.
  12. W4HMB

W4HMB Ham Member QRZ Page

Having been a long time skydiver, D-5611, I suggest you do a hop and pop around 14,000ft on a clear day with your HT. I've used a headset just to keep my hands free just in case. Safety first!

Dude did look terrified while in freefall with eyes fixed on the ground and not even looking around at all. They shoulda had a photographer along instead of the JM using a heanheld cam. IMO

Oh well, looks like he had fun and that's what matters.

13. WB9YOJ

WB9YOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Best Tank Radio video EVER!!!! Dude, I have much respect!!!!! Cant wait to see the follow up, the Lean Mean Flying Tank Machine!!!!! Thanks for all the entertaining videos.