Prank Calls/Prank Hams

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD9HLC, Apr 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Y'all forgot UF0OL and SP0OF.

2. KD2L

KD2L Ham Member QRZ Page

No radios involved, but had access to a switchboard, placed two outgoing calls to local pizzerias, plugged them together and watched the fun...

3. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

How about 46 (.)(.)

Kids no longer can get away with it on a phone easily, but radio is easy peazy. Almost untraceable. There is a kid in all of us. Don't take it so serious.

4. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I convinced a few hams that I had died saying that I was my brother and reporting it to his friends was my last wish.

5. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

You mean it's NOT really true, and we've NOT listening to your evil twin? I'm devastated...:(

6. WA9SVD

It's all well and good, but...

"Pranks" can, and usually do provoke laughter and/or embarrassment. That is their purpose. When the "fun" causes actual damage (whether mental, physical, or both) is where I draw the line. In most cases, it is NOT just a skinny gray line between the two.

7. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone got me good. I looked at the memorial page for my HS last year and my name was on the deceased list.

8. WA9SVD

That was good. Maybe I'll stop by when I'm at Forested Lawn. Thankfully, it WAS a prank. I figure I'll spend enough time there as a permanent resident someday.