Practice Exams with Collaborative Interactive Study Material

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KD0FNR, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KD0FNR

KD0FNR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

Apologies if this isn't the right forum for this. I've created an online license exam practice application located at:

http://copaseticflow.blogspot.com/2008/10/amateur-radio-license-exam-practice.html

All questions are randomly pulled from the question pool and there are links to freely available online study materials, (Wikipedia, NASA, etc...), for most questions. In addition, users can add links to their favorite study material for each question. I hope you find it useful! Please let me know what you think!

KD0FNR

2. W2GSJ

W2GSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

hiya, i'm now studying for my general, and with just a few minutes on your site find it pretty useful in that you can keep going on a question until you get the answer correct. other sites i have been toying with will just say wrong and go to the next question.

even if i get it wrong, its nice to know what the right answer was so you can say,, ya thats right, instead of a big red X like your on family feud or something.

i think its pretty sweet, and thank you for your contribution.

3. KD0FNR

Thanks for the feedback kc2seq! I'm glad it's working for you. I'm using it to study for my extra class now.

I added two graphing features last week. One feature graphs your scores on each practice test. The second feature shows a graph of your relative scores per subelement. A link to each of the practice tests can be found at:

http://copaseticflow.blogspot.com/2008/11/amateur-radio-exams-now-have-charting.html

The first feature requires people to log in so their scores can be tracked. Basically, you just have to make up a user name and password. No other information is required, the user name is just used to sort through test scores.

The second feature will graph the relative subelement scores on the test your just took if you don't login, or it will graph the relative scores based on all the tests you've taken if you do login. There are some example graphs below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KD0FNR

Practice Exams Now Have Subelement Focus

Hi,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the practice exams at:

Copasetic Flow

Now let you select particular subelements to study. They also chart how you've done each subelement so you can focus your study appropriately.

Have fun studying!

KD0FNR

5. KD0FNR

Industry Canada Basic Qualification Amateur Radio Practice Exam Now Available

Do you know anyone studying for the ham exams in Canada? The practice exams mentioned here have been updated to include the basic qualification exam as well!

Industry Canada Basic Qualification

6. KD0FNR

Practice Exams now Have Built-In Calculators

Hi,

The ham practice exams at Copasetic Flow added a new feature today. As I was preparing to write an article or two on calculating impedances on the exams, it occurred to me that it would be handy to have a scientific calculator nearby. The practice exams now have a scientific calculator built into the web page:
    [​IMG]

73 de KD0FNR Hamilton

7. W2FCP

W2FCP Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice, I like your practice tests.

8. K8PEZ

K8PEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Two Thumbs Up!

Two thumbs up - the only thing I would like to see is a notice that it is the current exam question pool. Example: Extra Class Element 4 Effective 7/01/08 thru 6/30/12

9. KD0FNR

Great idea K8PEZ! I'll get it done!

Thanks for the feedback also W2FCP!

73 de KD0FNR Hamilton
    http://copaseticflow.blogspot.com

10. KI4GSV

KI4GSV Ham Member QRZ Page

Very fine

An amazingly fine site. I tried the test and like the layout. The independent suppliment study is a terrific addition. I will recommend this site to all my fellow Hams. Thank you..

de KI4GSV Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.