ad: MyersEng-1

Practical 2M/70cm EDC Bag

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM4ACK, Oct 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification! If I put a HT in this, it becomes a "go bag."
    [​IMG]

NL7W likes this.
  2. NN3I

NN3I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for sharing the contents of your EDC bag for 2 meters. It provided me with an idea or two. Don't be deterred from making future videos because of the worthless comments of a few. I appreciate the effort it took for you to produce a quality video to help newbies.

K0WJ likes this.
  3. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Only if that's the only stuff in it. If it contains non-ham stuff, still a purse.

I actually did know a female ham operator once who's go bag was basically her purse. I don't think it was pink, though. But it was "girly."

W5TTW likes this.
  4. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Does not matter what you put it in as long as you're ready in the blink of an eye to check in short time with no comment. :)

KB0RTQ and W5TTW like this.
  5. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gimme a break, will ya?!?

We don't need another "Go Bag" sport fans!

What we are short of is VOLUNTEERS ...TO >>>GO!<<<

K9GLS likes this.
  6. W5TTW

This is the only bag that public safety professionals want to see you arrive with.

[​IMG]

KD9NQC likes this.
  7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

"Always spell out terms, common names and the complete proper names of organizations, projects, programs or documents the first time you use them, and repeat the complete term or name at the beginning of sections in longer documents. Although the abbreviation or acronym is capitalized for some common or generic nouns and terms, lowercase the spelled-out form."
    https://essayinfo.com/sguides/abbreviations/

WN1MB and NL7W like this.
  8. KD9NQC

KD9NQC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

sorry, no like from me. while the material is good that's an over 10 minutes of video for something that could have been done in ~3min or so.
    thanks goodness for the YT speed controller, I can't even count how much time it saved me so far.

9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes.

W5TTW likes this.
  10. N8QZH

N8QZH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have two Baofengs and two Yaesu's. And the Yaesu FT60R does Not have the same antenna connector. The Baofeng uses a SMA-R connector..

11. N1LOU

N1LOU Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a handheld radio. Stick it in your pocket for goodness sake. What do you need a bag for?

KD9NQC likes this.
  12. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless forced out of one's home, I'm all for the hunker down and stay-at-home kit myself.
    https://www.fema.gov/preparedness-checklists-toolkits

Keep your powder dry... protect your home, property, and life.

WN1MB and W5TTW like this.
  13. W5TTW

'Cause whackers gotta whack. Optometrists love whackers because they induce so many eye-rolls. Good for business. (True story.)

WN1MB likes this.
  14. K0WJ

K0WJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are correct, but the video contains a Yaesu FT-65, NOT an FT-60. The FT-65 has an SMA(m) on it.

15. WA3UHZ

WA3UHZ Ham Member QRZ Page