Ppkadely19@gmail.com

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by WX5DL, Feb 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. WX5DL

WX5DL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There was an ad posted Feb 10, 2018 morning for a KX3, Panadapter and 100w amp with the email, ppkadely19@gmail.com listed in the ad. There was a comment asking for an update in the seller's profile because the email was different than one he had previously used. I sent an email to the address provided with no reply yet. The ad seems to have disappeared from QRZ or maybe I imagined it? If this ad was bogus and removed by moderators, I would like to know so I can ignore any reply I may receive on this ad. Does anyone know what happened?

2. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I would ignore any replies you may get from that e-mail address.

N3AB likes this.
  3. WX5DL

Thanks, I will. Just wish I knew why. Here is the call sign lookup:
    W2HP [​IMG] USA

PETER G ADELY, SR
    13-30 EDWARD ST
    FAIR LAWN, NJ

4. AF7ON

AF7ON Ham Member QRZ Page

I followed this one as I'm looking for a KX3 (regretted selling one I owned!). Everything was suspiciously cheap - a flag for a possible scam.

Mike

5. WX5DL

Yes, I suspected as much. Too bad the admins can't flag the ads as scams & bring more attention to the problem. I am careful and have never had a bad experience on QRZ but I suspect others may not be aware of how big the problem is. If there was something visible to show how many ads have been removed as suspected scams, we all might be even more cautious.
    Dave

6. KA2CDT

KA2CDT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There were red flags all over that ad David. All previous listed ads from that call sign used an AOL account. The scammer changed the email address to a Gmail account. The true owner of the call sign was contacted and he did confirm that the ad was bogus.

WX5DL and AJ4GQ like this.