PowerPole Panel Mounts, New Design!

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KB0NLY, Apr 19, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KB0NLY

KB0NLY Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been asked repeatedly to take my original panel mount design and make it even easier to mount, so after a weekend of tinkering and prototyping here it is!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You begged me for it, so here it is! A threaded version of my popular panel mount for a pair of PowerPole connectors!

Panel mount for a pair of Anderson Powerpole connectors, this fits the Anderson (And Clones) PP15-PP45 (15a-45a) #1327 housings.

Fits in a 1" hole same as the previous version i have been selling forever, the only difference is this one has a threaded body and nut for attaching to the panel. The PowerPoles are a snug fit in the mount but due to the threaded outside there is no cross pin hole for fastening like my other version. I just use a little bit of 5 min epoxy on the back end of the connector when inserting into the shell for fastening it, but you could use super glue, hot glue, etc! It just didn't make sense to use the cross pin hole for mounting on this version due to the threads.

(Acrylic panel in pictures as well as the connectors and wire are not included, shown for demonstration purposes only.)

I have these available for sale on eBay if your a user, but i am also making the available for sale direct here on QRZ. Cost is $5 each plus $2.60 Shipping for up to 4 pieces, larger quantities will cost more to ship just ask for a quote! PayPal is preferred but arrangements can be made if your not a user.

Any Questions Just Ask!

73!

KA9JLM and KK4ZIP like this.
  2. KC2EQU

KC2EQU Ham Member QRZ Page

There is still a bunch of plastic, couldn't you still drill the pin hole?

3. KB0NLY

You could, but it would have to be below the thread on both sides so it doesn't interfere with the nut being installed. Which means it wouldn't be holding much on either side.

4. PE1RNL

PE1RNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice and handy!

5. KB0NLY

Production on these have been quite swift, over 200 units now sold! The unthreaded panel mount that fastens to the panel with two screws or rivets is still available, as well as a threaded and non threaded version that holds two pairs of powerpoles. Other items for powerpoles are also available and a couple new items are in the works!

6. WB4BMQ

WB4BMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good evening we got the ones that require the cross pin. They work great. WB4BMQ

7. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets skip the ebay thing. If I want to buy 4 what is your price shipped and who do I send money too?

BTW, I purchased a set of the other ones some time ago and like what I saw.

Steve KA9MOT
    ka9mot@mypanadapter.com

8. KB0NLY

Sorry for the long overdue reply! With the holidays and everything going on I often forget to check in on qrz!

Thanks for the comments! And if anyone wants to purchase direct rather then through eBay just contact me here through qrz, send a pm or drop me an email!

Happy New Year's and 73!