Powermaster II or LP-100A

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by W8WJC, Jan 11, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W8WJC

W8WJC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Like the title says, which one would you choose? I'm in the market for a good power/swr meter and I'm between these two. Are there any major differences? I couldn't find any, maybe I'm missing something.

TIA,
    Bill
    W8WJC

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They both are good. I bought the LP-100A and at the time I did that, I did not know about the "Powermaster II". I probably would still have gotten the LP100A...

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

For not much more than the LP-100 you can get the whole enchilada LP-500 / LP-700 with the scope functions as well.

Works GREAT -but only on power levels of 5 watts and up. Below that not all that accurate

I have an LP-700 and like it a lot

Dave
    W7UUU

N9FM and N4XRD like this.
  4. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

I wanted a meter that was known to be very accurate. Enter the LP 100A. I bought one and like it. I took my readings like I would on a test bench.
    I also have a Palstar PM2000A.
    If I had to choose only one meter and cost was not part of the equation, I would choose the Palstar. I have two Palstar meters and l like them better than the LP-100A. I view the LP-100A as a test bench tool. I view the Palstar as an everyday usable watt meter.
    The only time I turn the LP-100A on is when I run the amp so I don't go over the legal limit. Without the amp, the meter on my TS990S tells me everything I need to know about my antenna.
    When it's time to scale down my station, the LP-100A is going to be the first meter to go.
    Barry, KU3X