...Power Supply Uhf Vhf...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA2UFP, Sep 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KA2UFP

KA2UFP Ham Member QRZ Page

...need power up for one mobile radio...lower cost...reviewed few...opinions...

2. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

...ok what?...are you asking for something?

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think he's asking for opinions on power supplies for a "mobile radio"

But doesnt say what mobile radio - typical vhf/uhf FM ham radio? Or a 100 watt HF rig? A CB? It makes a difference

But lets assume he means an FM V/U mobile ham radio

I think the obvious source of power would be the vehicle's battery.

4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

At least give us an "advise and contrast." There are a gazillion supplies that are available, from 3 Amperes to over 100 Amperes, some that are even suitable for Amateur use!

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KB1CKT

KB1CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

More spam? This guy needs to be blocked. It's not funny anymore.

7. KA2UFP

...need DC power up for one mobile radio...lower cost...reviewed few...opinions...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  8. KA2UFP

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you're serious and not trolling...how much current capacity? How much do you want to spend? A nice switching supply like a Jetstream or something from MFJ would be fine. Why not look at HRO's or your dealer of choice's website.

10. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I suggest an Astron 70m placed properly in front of the headrest of the driver's seat and ziptie. Connect the radio power cord directly to the back. Connect the Astron power cord to a Harbor Freight power inverter, ziptie the power inverter to the front of the steering wheel and plug the inverter into the lighter socket. You are now set up to enjoy mobile radio. Don't forget to roof mount a GP 9 dual band antenna so that you can work dx on the way to the therapist.