Power Supplies

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by W1GVT, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Since when is being British considered being a Race? :rolleyes:

2. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a variety of supplies. I have an Astron RM35 that I think I've had turned on for over 40 years, and it works great. I have a second RS-35 that I picked up on EBay. I don't like taking either of them out in the field, so I have a 25 Amp Radio Shack switcher that is 'OK'. I can hear the switching noise in the audio, but it's really not objectionable. But, in some situations, this supply puts out lots of RF noise. I have not identified why it's different at times - but it is. So far, it's been good on Field Day, though. For anything requiring movement, a switcher is probably a good idea unless you need the absolute maximum in weak signal capability. I've never tried adding outboard filtering to further reduce the noise from the switcher - it might help in some cases.

3. M3KXZ

M3KXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, on lots of forms we have to fill in (job apps, grant forms etc) there is often a questionnaire attached so that those in charge can get an idea of how well different groups are represented. One of the questions usually asks race, and one of the possible answers is "white British". Actually, thinking about it, the question might relate to ethnicity.

Sorry for going OT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.