power limits?

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by KD0QLL, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Heh. I always thought CB was 5 watts input, 4 watts output on AM, and 12 watts output on SSB.

+1 N0IU. I kept my tech / general callsign when I upgraded to extra so the band-police would get upset when they thought they were gonna bust me for being in the extra portions of the bands.

KQ9J likes this.
  2. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Think PEP

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I left that part out. I could never afford an SSB radio anyway.

4. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

perhaps one needs to understand,In a Licensed service,the Privilege to utilize the grants authorization,is revocable,and the utilization of said Privileges,as authorized,connotes an understanding of the limitations of a particular class of license,Not picking on you,but in basic terms,YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER,before even hooking up the reciever,do as you please,everyone else seems to think it's their right,but their wrong

5. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You're an Amateur Extra and you don't know basic PART 97 Rules?

Phil

Attached Files:

NB3R likes this.
  6. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Ham Member QRZ Page

With FUN being the main emphasis put on Ham Radio today I am surprised anyone remembers , or even learned the rules.

gregW:) OH2FFY

7. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Here in the US ARS is governed by rules as are most countries.

And while yes, Ham radio is fun, we must also be knowledgeable of the rules which help to make sure the ARS is not sent into the realm of anarchy, which CB band has been allowed to enter.

Phil

OH2FFY likes this.
  8. W0WDF

W0WDF Ham Member QRZ Page

Everybody knows that all of us no-code Extra's gather on the extra portion of 80 meters and talk shit about Advanced class operators as soon as the contest is over.

AC0OB likes this.
  9. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

It needs to be noted that it is illegal to use Amateur transmitters on 11 Meter; regardless of power level. (Legal) operation on 11 Meters requires use of FCC certificated equipment only.

10. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, Part 97 doesn't answer the original poster's question one way or another.

But the answer is no. The CB service is completely different from amateur radio, and an amateur license does not convey any privileges there.

This works the same way as the fishing laws in your state. There are fishing licenses, and there are amateur radio licenses, but they are completely separate. The fact that you have an amateur radio license does not allow you to catch more fish than other people. Similarly, the fact that you have an amateur license does not have anything to do with how much power you can use on 11 meters. The same rules apply to you as everyone else. And they are found in Part 95, not Part 97 (the CB rules, that is, not the fishing rules).

K8MHZ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.