POTA specific logging program - PyLogJam

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KE4ET, Feb 17, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

I've worked a park in Canada and have been hunted by Canadian amateurs my last few activations, so it's definitely becoming a thing there.

Chris

2. KE4ET

KE4ET XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tomorrow evening I may release 0.6.0. The only new feature in this release at the moment is making the Park(s) input optional so PyLogJam can be used as a more general logger.

I found and fixed a critical bug. Pre 0.6.0, if the operator hits Quit with an unsubmitted qso, the qso is lost without warning. Of course the bug is eaasy to avoid - just save the contact before quitting.

PyLogJam 0.6.0 sets the Call field background to yellow and requires a second press of Quit to confirm without saving an unentered qso.

I also changed the Quit button to look like the other buttons. Other changes are internal, and minor.

Because of the critical bug fix, I am probably going to release 0.6.0 without any additional changes.

Gerald

3. KE4ET

I'm expecting release 0.7.0 will add support for SOTA. It will allow summit in a park logging. I did start the work but it won't be in tonight's release.

I'll have to start a new thread as the title of this thread is already incorrect.

Gerald

4. KE4ET

5. AC3ED

AC3ED Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,
    I would very much like to get a copy of your Beta program.
    ftitus2@gmail.com
    AC3ED