POTA Hams - What Mac Supported POTA Logging Software are you using?

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by WF9F, Feb 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WF9F

WF9F Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I conducted my first POTA activation this weekend for two different parks recording contacts in a paper log. Once, I returned to the shack, I entered the contacts into MLDX and added the tags for SIG_INFO (P2P), MY_INFO (POTA), and MY_SIG_INFO(Park designator) into the comments field as the developer recommended. After adding all the contacts and SIG info, I exported to an ADIF file then submitted to POTA log coordinator for my call sign. I am not sure if the SIG_INFO will get picked up for P2P credit.

Question for the Mac Users Forum
    1) If you are a POTA activator, what logging software for POTA contacts do you recommend if you don't use MLDX?
    2) If you are a POTA activator and a MLDX user, how are you entering POTA contact info before uploading via ADIF file?

Thanks, Matt

K3DCW, W1VKE and K4MID like this.
  2. CA3FJK

CA3FJK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use rumlogNG both on the phone and in the workstation, I have had no issues whatsoever for POTA, contests or regular logging.

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

4. W7MDN

W7MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in the same boat. Check out HAMRS, new program. It's pretty legit.

5. WS9K

WS9K Ham Member QRZ Page

we are using HAMRS. it usually works great, but tends to lock up when we try to look at the map
    (samsung android tablet )

My wife likes software better than paper.

I operate the mic, and log on paper for backup