ad: n2yo

Posting not by me of 7300

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W9RTB, Jan 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W9RTB

W9RTB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got an email from QRZ.com and a call from a ham this morning about a scam post on QRZ. Then I got this email.
    I might be wrong but you decide. When I asked for a call sign this is the reply
    Randy
    W9RTB

I'm working undercover, hi.

On Friday, January 19, 2018, 12:05:35 PM EST, Randy b <Snog Muke
    To: Randy b
    Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 10:00 AM
    Subject: Re: Radios

What's your current radio, FTDX-5000? How do you like it?

On Friday, January 19, 2018, 10:05:23 AM EST, Randy b <Snog Muke
    To: Randy b
    Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 8:58 AM
    Subject: Re: Radios

Change your password, report to QRZ. Post in Scams forum warning everyone. Update your bio that you're not selling/buying anything. Check your computers for malware/spyware/viruses.

On Friday, January 19, 2018, 9:55:32 AM EST, Randy b <siteinspect@msn.com> wrote:

hacked today qrz

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Technically speaking, people don't "hack" QRZ. What they hack is other people's passwords. Then, they log in using the stolen password and their "hack" is complete.

We take a dim view of users who are unable to secure their own password. It's their job, not ours. If someone else logs in under your account, the first thing that happens is that your account is immediately CLOSED (banned) and is reopened only after we receive positive proof of identity. Even then, you will then be REQUIRED to use our 2FA procedures for future logins.

I use 2FA, and you (and everybody else) should too. https://www.qrz.com/manager/two-factor

-fred

NZ4X and AJ4GQ like this.