Posted ad and it's coming up as "Unverified".....

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KC1KWX, Jun 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KC1KWX

KC1KWX Ham Member QRZ Page

I used my cell phone about a week ago to be authenticated and just posted an ad, It came up as unverified in the listing. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. 73.

2. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KC1KWX

Under my account it is showing a green "enabled"..... "Two Factor authentication is currently enabled on your account we will send a message to you at your number ending in #### anytime we need to confirm your identity". Is there more that I need to do?

4. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The second step is to send a picture ID (like a Drivers license or passport image) in to QRZ. Then they will notify you it is all done. It can take (IIRC) up to a few days to get it done. It took me about 24 hours. I was fast because I am so damned handsome....

5. KC1KWX

lol, Okay, thats the problem. I had thought it was either the cell number or drivers License. 73. Thank you.

6. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

2FA and verification are two separate things although you need the former before you can get the latter.
    2FA protects your account from hijacking by requiring a code to log in. Verification indicates you have submitted proof of your identify to QRZ. You can only get Verified status if 2FA is enabled on your account, and if you are verified and turn off 2FA you'll lose the Verified status.

7. KC1KWX

Thank you. I have now taken the second step and am waiting. 73

W7UUU likes this.
  8. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That was fast...you now show as Verified!

KC1KWX likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

ahem.... :rolleyes:

upload_2019-6-30_12-17-35.png

10. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

luvit when a plan comes together

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

KC1KWX likes this.