Post Your Wrong Topic Replies Here

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD9HLC, May 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

NASA Curiosity Rover Found Building Blocks of Life on Mars

Like stepping on a Lego in the dark? :eek:

K9ASE, KA9JLM, AC8UN and 1 other person like this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey, where did the Moldovian thread that sounded like a Nigerian scam email go? I wasn't done laughing at it yet.

K9ASE likes this.
  3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

It would appear that it is no longer inconveniencing electrons

K9ASE likes this.
  4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Subscriber QRZ Page

Depends.....

WZ7U and KD9HLC like this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

I said fix, not contain. :D

KD8DEY likes this.
  6. KD9HLC

KD9HLC Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw a glum heron while on a walk. I asked, "Why the long face? Why so blue? There are plenty of fish in the sea."

K9ASE and KP4SX like this.
  7. AG7CK

AG7CK Ham Member QRZ Page

My point is: "Dead or not?" is the wrong question.

The answer is that TT should have continued something like the Patriot in a 19 inches 70ties TT project case with an universal nostalgic front. Hackable modular plug in units on a large motherboard. Through hole only. Then members here and on eham and in the qrp voodoo groups would have designed plug in pre-selectors and mixers and IF units and ...

KXn might be good radios. But nothing to build or modify or solder on for old men with bad eyes and shaking hands (like me, that is). So give me a double sized Argonaut looking thing that can be customized: Every man his radio.

Sorry for posting the correct post in the wrong topic.

KD9HLC likes this.
  8. KD9HLC

9. KD9HLC

I find the idea of a pre-printed QSL card with minimal contact information highly impersonal.

So if you send me a paper QSL, I'd like it to be a three to five page essay about you, handwritten on nice paper.

And mailing it is, well, mailing it in. You've got my QTH on the Zed. Drop it off. If you bring coffee and donuts I might let you in. Beware the dogs.

Edit: And if the QSL document includes graphics, those should be hand-drawn as well.

KC1DQH likes this.
  10. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

I strongly advise against trying to build your own fission or fusion weapon, as both the components and the completed product tend to be particularly harmful to children and other living things.