Post "Likes"

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W5WN, Feb 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What does "deleted member" mean at the bottom of a post where callsigns of those that "Like" a post are listed?

Also, what does an anonymous "Like" that says "1 person likes this" mean?

N6QIC likes this.
  2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I notice the website is wacked this morning.

Some people hide their identity and some are not ham members that like you.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Likes are also not displaying rite now. The likes will always show the call sign of who has liked your post.
    A "Deleted Member" is a call sign that liked the post but the account has been removed from the database.

Looks like it is all fixed now.

4. N6QIC

Good Morning Don,
    Looks like it is all fixed now.

AF6LJ likes this.
  5. W5WN

There seems to be quite a few of each category showing up in threads lately. That's why I asked. I didn't realize there were so many members deleted from the qrz.com. I suspected that the "1 person likes" comment was intentional by the person that originally hit the like button but wanted to remain anonymous. I guess that is done by hitting "Unlike"? How else can one post an anonymous "Like"?

6. N6QIC

Why would you want to like a post but not want them to know that you like it? That doesn't make any sense to me. If you unlike a post that you have liked it will just remove your like. Nothing here is anonymous.

7. W5WN

Am I the only one seeing "1 person likes this." with no call given? That's an anonymous "Like". I have received a few of those on a post. On my Alerts list I show a like with a callsign but when I go to the post it just says "1 person likes this." I suspect that it may not be widely known how to do the anonymous "like". I suspect that at least one member does this repeatedly so as not to have attribution to liking anything other members post.

8. N6QIC

Can you please post a screen shot so we can se what you se?
    Thanks
    screen_shot1.png

No anonymous "like" in my list.

9. W5WN

upload_2017-2-19_12-54-39.png

See post #984 by WA7PRC. This happens frequently on this thread and I suspect I know who the "1 person likes this" is and don't believe he wants attribution. It's not a hot link so you can't click on it and see who it is. When that happens to one of my posts I can see who the other person is on my Alert list.

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

No you are not. I see both (deleted member) an "1 person" pretty regularly.

W5WN likes this.