ad: cq2k-1

Post Calls and E-mails that Scammers are using.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KD5JBN, Feb 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Received unsolicited email from "KB1SDW" listing a bunch of expensive equipment for sale.

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Same thing I got on one of the lists I moderate, but when I Googled the name of the person who originated the email, I found his call sign, and the email address on QRZ did not match the one used on the list. I did email KB1SDW to let him know someone was trying to sell things using his name.

3. K0AST

K0AST Ham Member QRZ Page

This scumbag just tried it with me as well. I won't describe what I emailed back that he should do to his mother.

4. K0AST

K0AST Ham Member QRZ Page

While I'm in here I've also been solicited to sell me a filter I posted as WTB by scammers emailing as:

W5AY Phillip

VE1BMJ Daniel

How odd they both choose members with no email addresses and cannot supply pics, huh?

5. WA8ETY

WA8ETY Ham Member QRZ Page

I Googled the phone number, which should be around the Chicago area. I found the number is associated with a place that makes fake certificates supposedly in the UK. Don't think I'd bother calling it anyway. If this person is using PayPal, personally I wouldn't deal with them. Had a hacker get into my PayPal account somehow back in 2004 or so and blocked me out when I found out the night he started throwing money around like a drunken sailor on Saturday night shore leave! He donated $800 to Iran Radio, tried to get a website designing company to build him a website for people to meet other people...just imagine how many checking, savings, credit card and PayPal info he could get that way. He managed to change my password so I couldn't get back into PayPal to stop him. And yes, it was a man whose name was Amur as he stated on the recording of PayPal. I tried to stop him from 11PM to 2 AM when I called Master Card and told them someone was using my card. MC put a stop by suspending the use of my card. The next morning I went to my bank to have the card destroyed and the checking account closed, then opened a new account and applied for a new MC. From there I went to the county sheriff's office and filed a fraud report there and contacted the 3 main credit reporting companies who put a fraud alert on my credit accounts and sent me the latest credit reports. The detective who took my report said he tried to get info from PayPal, but they never responded. I had $5 left in my PayPal account which they kept me locked out of and probably kept the $5 too. I do not use PayPal and won't use it ever again because the detective said it looked like an inside job at PayPal. How else could 'Amur' get into my account and get away with this fraud until I got it stopped that night and the next day. BTW the bank I had my checking account at refunded what was stolen by the hacker.

6. W8HAX

W8HAX Ham Member QRZ Page

Serious question: if a scammer uses my call sign and it gets posted here, am I allowed to buy/sell here after that? More importantly, how would I prove to someone that I am NOT a scammer if that happened?

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would say the scammer would be busted if they posted here.

I would not be worried over something that may never happen.

Adding a Email address to your QRZ profile would be a good idea.

8. KE6FQC

KE6FQC Ham Member QRZ Page

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I JUST CAME ACROSS THIS WHILE CHECKING ON SOMETHING ELSE..............THAT 990 AD WAS MINE FROM SOME TIME BACK................SOMEONE CUT AND PASTE THE WHOLE THING EXCEPT FOR EMAIL ADDRESS AND PRICE

9. KC5KCT

KC5KCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sneaky scammer. N9VFN THOMAS E SHEETS<n9vfn1@gmail.com> --> Using Good posts and Photoshop Call/Name onto what looks like a legit radio & name tag. Found the same exact pic with different call posted to QRZ. Check out the pictures here https://plus.google.com/100642919798207795448/posts/bjFCteuc5Uq

Also got very suspecious email from KD2ISU Douglas l mccallum<dougkd2isu@gmail.com> about same radio. Just saying verify and beware!

10. N7AOK

N7AOK Ham Member QRZ Page

My call has been be used to scam for about 4 weeks now. I've gotten 2 phone calls and 2 emails in the last 4 days asking me about what I had for sale. Of course I tell them I'm not selling anything and don't buy but ask them a lot of questions keep the email string going as long as they participate. I think if all would do that they will wear down. It also helps to verify the fraud. They want you to use Friends and Family so that they don't have to send an invoice thru PayPal. I'm beating on PayPal daily to do something about this. My next question is what is QRZ.com doing about this infestation on their website?